1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Last Years

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by thewoodlands, Dec 23, 2012.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

picture, but tomorrow will be my first day this year for cross country skiing. We have about 14 inches of snow so it will be tough going until we get the trail packed down.

Attached Files:

Beer Belly, Wildo, Thistle and 2 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

We haven't had 14" of snow on the ground for several years. Kinda looks like that front that is coming through on Wed/Thursday is gonna be friggin freezing rain, according to the weather channel. Looking like another lousy winter here in central Pa. I'm starting to think I need to buy some property up in the 'Daks......got any for sale, Zap?
  3. thewoodlands

100_6574.JPG
    Land for sale, not for awhile. Here are some pics from the cross country skiing trip this morning. Accu Weather is calling for another 12 + in this neck of the woods.

Just the sound of the brook with some small birds when we went this morning, perfect day for it.

Attached Files:

4. f3cbboy

f3cbboy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    rockland county, NY
    that pic of the brook looks real peaceful. If i was closer i'd be askin if i could fish it!
    Wildo and zap like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Zap, my wife says that is not fair! I could identify at least where one picture was taken but the others have too much snow to tell. They are beautiful pictures for sure.
    zap likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

Pic 1 you've been up in your car, pic 2 is just inside the gate, pic 3 is down from the gate about 150 yards,pic 4 is just across the brook,pic 5 is headed down toward the wood dump before that split ash,pic 6 is just down from the brook on the corner, pic 7 is the hill you were on that runs the length of the brook.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    For sure picture 1 was the one I recognized.
  8. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Beautiful pictures zap! I have not once stepped in skis, but I may check some out soon, cc style. Probably a bit faster than snowshoeing. Take it all in out there man. Tranquility at it's finest!
    zap likes this.
  9. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Sounds like you are getting it all Zap. Next one coming is JUST going to miss us by about 20 miles. Don't know about you, but my bush operations are shut down now. Any more, and that will be it until spring. Enjoy your day.
  10. thewoodlands

I'll promised the wife we would cross country ski this year on the weekends, the cutting is done for a bit.

zap
  11. thewoodlands

We did breakfast first this morning then hit the trails, we went in a different direction this morning then headed back on the trail we used yesterday.
    Pic 6580 is heading in,6581 is down from the brook with the sun starting to creep through,pic 6582 is near the swamp,6583 is on the swamp trail looking in,pic 6584 is up from the swamp when we turned around,6589 is the split ash (we also used that trail yesterday,went further up the trail today), pic 6590 I'm heading back to the boss, 6591 is the boss leading the way back home.

Merry Christmas
    Zap

Attached Files:

Backwoods Savage and albert1029 like this.
  12. f3cbboy

f3cbboy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    rockland county, NY
    Zap - these pics look like you had a real nice day. Awesome pics, look great.
    zap likes this.
  13. thewoodlands

It was a very nice day, not much noise in the woods other than a few birds and the racoon inside the old maple by the swamp, you could hear him going up the inside of the tree (hollowed out) when we went by.
  14. albert1029

albert1029 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    yeah baby...
  15. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Cool Stuff...I'm too lazy for cross country!!
  16. thewoodlands

I did just over one hour on the cross country skis this morning, the trails should be better tomorrow.

Pic 6638 is just heading in,6639 is just off the brook where the water is still open,6641 is the turn around,6642 is heading back from the turn around, 6644 is down the trail some with the sun coming out,6645 is the trail I'll use tomorrow,6646 & 47 are the brook, 6647 you can see the shallow areas are freezing up and the last ic is heading out.

Attached Files:

Eatonpcat and Backwoods Savage like this.