Lennox Villa Vista

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyblakley

Nov 10, 2007
indiana
help
Does the Lennox Villa Vista have a nice "ash lip" at the front of the stove? I have been researching this forum all this weekend to help decide what unit to buy. My wife is ash intolerant and my hope is that when I open the door ash will not spill on the floor. Might be a silly detail to some I am just trying to cover my.......details.

Thanks to all the people who answer all of us new guys questions. This purchase/install is not a small one for many of us and I personally dont want to make a big mistake. Thanks again for taking many of our repeat questions.

Yes, it does have an ashlip. You can down load the installation manual from the Lennox website. In the manual it shows you the ashlip in fig. 7 also, in the back of the manual, it provides the replacement parts confirming the ashlip.

You have the option for air cooled or solid pack pipe (provided by Lennox). The product will perform best with solid pack pipe.

Wood stoves are messy, its just a fact. Don't plan on the ash lip preventing all ash from getting into your house.

I know that without a lip ash and sometimes coals do fall all over the floor. One of my biggest peeves with the Ultima.

indy said:
This purchase/install is not a small one for many of us and I personally dont want to make a big mistake. Thanks again for taking many of our repeat questions.

We installed the Lennox Villa Vista in the fall of 06 and it has been superb. You should have the least trouble with ash with this fireplace than with any other because:
a) the room air and the burn air are kept separate, and
b) when you empty the ash you do so through a hole in the bottom of the firebox into a neat ash box that sits ready under the firebox. Better than that, the ash box has a hinged lid to keep the ash from flying around as you walk it out of the house.

Sure there is a small risk of ash exiting the fireplace if you aren't careful in opening the glass door, but we don't find it's a problem.

We couldn't be more pleased with the Lennox Villa Vista - its performance and its looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.