Level-to-level ventilator fans to move air, vents install on doors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskiediver

Feb 20, 2011
Michigan
I have a mobile home. The woodstove is in the front of my home that is also the living room. The duct work runs along the entire home. The back room is directly opposite of the living room. I would like to put in the living room a level to level ventiltator that pulls the air from the duct work (all rooms including back) into the living room. It hopes that it helps circulate the warm air throughout the house. I would then install vents on the bedroom doors at the top (or above if possible) to pull in the warm air from the stove.

I am looking for a powerful level to level ventilator to do this. I found this:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200394844_200394844

Does anyone know much about them? What do you think of this idea?

My oil furnance is in the back near the backroom. If I used the blower it will only push air too all the rooms rather than pull it from the back room to the front. That is why I like the level to level ventiliator idea.

Any thoughts on this?

Might have missed other discussions . . . but perhaps a simpler, cheaper alternative would be to set a desk fan on the floor down the hall and aim it so it is blowing towards the woodstove? I use a small fan in an adjoining room to move the heat throughout most of my home (one room doesn't get as warm.)

Status
Not open for further replies.