Lignetics are nice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwthomas1

Dec 20, 2011
Wakefield, RI
Grabbed a ton of Lignetics from HD for $219, which is a decent price IMHO. Never tried them before but they run 3-4degrees warmer than the FSUs I've been running this year. This years FSUs are not as good as last years. I had been running them side by side with Somerset's last year and the Somerset's were a bit hotter. This year the Lignetics are about the same as the Somerset's and just perfect for the single digit temps we are "enjoying" right now. If your local HD has them the Lignetics are a decent buy, certainly better than the crap they normally sell.
RT

We keep going back to the Liggies here,also......Hotter than the 'sets {in our stove}.......And relatively clean-burning...And the local Beaver Falls Agway seems to always have a supply of them @209.00/ton.....no delivery available.....but the pellets are taken care of {stored in a building} and they are only 10 min away......2- 1/2 ton trips in the S-10 is no biggie.......Burning PTLs right now......A brother to the Liggies........But about 4 degrees lower on the air temp coming out of the stove.......

What?, Lig's are the exact same as Presto Log's, same dark pellet , same smell like mahogany
Picked up 2 bag's of Lig's today at HD, will see.......

I bought many bags of both Ligs and Prestologs last week. The Ligs aren't as dark as the prestologs. I have to say I am really enjoying both of them. I have been burning alot of MWP, and the ligs/prestos put out much more heat. I'm so impressed with them I will probably buy a ton this weekend - even without a coupon other discount.

Grabbed a ton of Lignetics from HD for $219, which is a decent price IMHO. Never tried them before but they run 3-4degrees warmer than the FSUs I've been running this year. This years FSUs are not as good as last years. I had been running them side by side with Somerset's last year and the Somerset's were a bit hotter. This year the Lignetics are about the same as the Somerset's and just perfect for the single digit temps we are "enjoying" right now. If your local HD has them the Lignetics are a decent buy, certainly better than the crap they normally sell.
RT

What is your stove make and model? I got the last ton of FSU at NK Home Depot last weekend and think they are equal to this year's SC. I burned the Ligs a few years ago and they performed as the Green Supreme did last season...meh! Pellets, from year to year can change and the stove makes a difference, too. BTW, where did you find the Somersets you have from last year?

RT
Nice to hear the Ligs might have improved but 3-4 degrees isn`t really significant in any way.
The Logik-E pellets I`m burning now are noticeably hotter than the Ligs I burned last year but proving to be just as dusty but with much less ash.

The stove is a Lopi Pioneer, small and basic but very reliable. I beg to differ on the significance of 3-4 degrees. The ligs, run at the same settings as the fsu's, had the house at 73-74. The fsu's were holding 70-71, and I have the gas heat set at 70 to back fill when the stove can't keep up. With the ligs the gas doesn't run..... To me that is significant. All this with the same weather and outside temps. RT

The stove is a Lopi Pioneer, small and basic but very reliable. I beg to differ on the significance of 3-4 degrees. The ligs, run at the same settings as the fsu's, had the house at 73-74. The fsu's were holding 70-71, and I have the gas heat set at 70 to back fill when the stove can't keep up. With the ligs the gas doesn't run..... To me that is significant. All this with the same weather and outside temps. RT
OK ,understood now , but you did imply that your stove was running 3-4 degrees hotter vs your house being 2-3 degrees warmer.
I thought it strange how you could accurately differentiate 3-4 degrees at stove temp. .
So yes, 3-4 degrees house temp. is significant .
AND not so much that the Ligs are so good but the FSU`s are worse.

I had half a ton of lignetics (green label) left over from last year that I have been burning this year. I thought they were good until I got 3 tons of barefoot this year. If you can find them for 200-225, they are good. For the 250 they charge around here I passed. Considering the barefoot cost me 255 and the two brands are not on par.

OK ,understood now , but you did imply that your stove was running 3-4 degrees hotter vs your house being 2-3 degrees warmer.
I thought it strange how you could accurately differentiate 3-4 degrees at stove temp. .
So yes, 3-4 degrees house temp. is significant .
AND not so much that the Ligs are so good but the FSU`s are worse.

Well, I've never been known as the clearest thinker out there.....;-)
RT

Status
Not open for further replies.