LONGEST DAY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
Some people dance naked around a big bonfire.
Our early Solstice celebration was around the fire pit over the weekend, but I felt that the sight of this old man dancing naked would be a buzzkill, resulting in the party ending shortly thenafter. :lol:

I've been in the L48 a couple of times during the summer in the last 10 years or so.

Okay so it's weird. At least when the moon isn't up. When we visited there when they were little, my kids were afraid to go out at night. I was thinking about this thread recently, and realized what was up with that. When it's dark here at night, we usually have snow, so the residual light reflects off of that and it's not dark-dark even when the moon is down. But summer nights when there is no moon down in the temperate zone are just plain dark. And there are snakes, and big bugs flying around in the night, and bats. Spooky, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.