Look at the bright side......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
I'm sure most Hearth.com members would have mixed emotions if they came home to this scene from the recent storms out on the West Coast.

Attachments

• Look at the bright side......
    storm.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 401
Yikes. I live on the other side of the mountains from Seattle and Portland, and even we received extremely strong winds last night. Enough to sway very large trees and enough to knock off the cap to my well service opening on the roof. It was crazy, my dogs were going nutz. Glad I didn't have any serious damage, just a few broken limbs. Glad indeed, that I no longer live on the other side of the mtns.

-Kevin

Eric Johnson said:
I'm sure most Hearth.com members would have mixed emotions if they came home to this scene from the recent storms out on the West Coast.

Mixed??? I think not!!!

More like COOL!!!! I've been meaning to cut them down for fire wood and was afraid they'd hit the house!! Now the insurance company will pay to replace that but ugly yellow siding, put a new roof on, and I get the wood for free. Woopie!!!! There's no downside.

HEY!!! That's my house ! Just kidding, Yep them winds were a whippin last night, over 1 million people out of power, lots of trees down all over, I have 5 extremely large Fir and Cedar trees in my back yard, they were swaying pretty good, but did not come down. I see a few new adds on craigslist for people wanting someone to come cut up their downed trees and haul them off, I am waiting for the adds to hit that has the wood already sectioned into rounds

I'd feel better if it was my neighbor's house. That way all of Warren's thoughts would come true. I wouldn't be paying higher insurance, and I could offer to help remove the tree and take some of the wood out of the way for him.

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
I'd feel better if it was my neighbor's house. That way all of Warren's thoughts would come true. I wouldn't be paying higher insurance, and I could offer to help remove the tree and take some of the wood out of the way for him.

Matt

Even better!!

Eric Johnson said:
Thats what the outer cape looked like last year at this time.

Looks like that storm cloud had a wooden lining.

Status
Not open for further replies.