Looking at fireplaces now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John McDonald

Jan 12, 2013
Gonzales,Louisiana
As a few of you have adviced me to get a fireplace instead of a insert for my new house.So here are a few that I have found.

1.Regency Excalibur EX 90
2.Vermont Castings Sequoia
3.Napoleon NZ3000
4.Continental CZ-26
5.Quadra-Fire 7100
6.Osburn Stratford

I don't know anything about these so I would appreciate the help as to which one is the best. Or if there are another one that I may have missed.

Best is relative. There may some to avoid but you should state your needs/wants then find the right fit.

Sorry, I have forgotten your house needs. Maybe these threads should be merged so you don't have to repeat them.

Not mentioned are the BIS, Kozy and RSF brands. They're worth looking at too. I think the Osburn is similar to if not the same inside as the Valcourt and Enerzone. FyreBug may be able to confirm or refute that.

Pacific Energy also just started selling a version of their Summit insert in a ZC design.

Status
Not open for further replies.