Lopi Yankee Bay Control Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
z71chevy505 said:
[email protected]
and yes i have removed the exhaust blower, but did not clean it. could a little build up on the blades cause it not to have any vacuum at the flow tube.

Probably not, but anything is possible. As I mentioned above, make sure the ENTIRE vacuum tube & stove fitting is clear...if it's the least bit blocked, the vacuum switch may not work.

I just started having this problem with my Yankee Bay on the lowest heat setting.

I checked the blower, did the "dollar bill" test on the gasket.

I found that running the stove on heat setting number 2 makes the problem go away.

EDIT: I also pulled the damper out from zero to position one.

fishsniffer said:
.....I found that running the stove on heat setting number 2 makes the problem go away. EDIT: I also pulled the damper out from zero to position one.

Running on the lowest setting on most any stove is tough. And when I had my Astoria, I NEVER was able to run the stove with the air control on "0".....when the stove is squeaky clean, I could run on "1"......as the stove got very dirty, I slowly opened it up. Farthest I ever had it open was 2 1/2.

I had the problem again and the stove turned off. I thought it turned off! I heard a buzzing noise and found that the blower motor was turning real slow. I ordered a new motor to see if it fixed the problem.

z71chevy505 said:
I had the problem again and the stove turned off. I thought it turned off! I heard a buzzing noise and found that the blower motor was turning real slow. I ordered a new motor to see if it fixed the problem.

Which blower?

Did you try hooking the old one to straight 120v AC power to see if it ran at full speed? If so, it could be the control board. Also, I'd clean the blower real good and spray some WD40 into the bearings and see if that helped.

cleaned it out and ran for 2 hours. reinstalled again and happened again. replacing blower motor first if happens will try and check voltage going to motor. and go from there!

Status
Not open for further replies.