Low to high flame Keeps needing cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

beermann

Feeling the Heat
Jan 16, 2017
canada
Hi,

I spent a lot of time on the wood burning forum figuring things out with me new wood stove. Now I am moving onto my gas appliance.

I have an old regency gas foreplace downstairs and due to low flame (small blue no much heat) I cleaned it out a couple months ago to prep for winter season. Nothing wrong with the burners, I shut off gas and used an air canister to blow everything out the nozzle where gas enters the burners (sorry i dont know the terminology). It has been turned on once a week for a few minutes to help maintain use aaaand it was working great but the flame went down again so I blew out the the gas line inside the fireplace with the air canister and it worked great again....but here I am again with another low flame.

Suggestions?

Ran the tubes under water and sprayed everything with an air canister.

Decent flames again. Im going to keep it birning for an hour today and then burn it twice a day for 15 minutes each time too see if I can burn away whatever was and is causing the problem.

Another thing that may require a new thread is my blower does not work and I'm unsure how to get it out from undernewth the unit.

I can see it when I flip the bottom plate down. It's in the back left

Last edited: