medium size insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosquito

Aug 5, 2015
ohio
Ok i would appreciate any help here but i really don't want this to turn into a prefab debate.We have been there already . I have a fairly large home 2800 sq ft. I know im not going to 100% heat are home when it gets really cold. However I would like to really knock it down. I have a price for a high valley 1500 but can't find that it rated for prefab even called the factory and no strait answer. So their out. I got another price from a different company on a regency i3100 which i really like but i was not inpressed but the installer. Bad at calling back and just seems shady and not a good rating from bbb.
The third guy wants to put a iron stike montlake 230 in but has not given me a final price. Number 4 would like to install a napoleon 1402 and said he can install almost any except regency. All 4 prices are between 3000 to 3500 which is not a factor in my decision. My dimensions are 24 high 42 wide and 19 deep. Is there another manufacturer /insert i should consider.

Have you looked at the Pacific Energy Summit? Large heater, well-liked here, approved for prefab install, and should fit into your fireplace. The Enviro 1700 series is a bit smaller but also a good heater and approved for your application. You could also check out regarding size and ability to be installed in a prefab the following units: Lopi Freedom, Lopi Large Flush Hybrid, Quadrafire i5100, BlazeKing Princess. If possible try to get the largest firebox you can fit; that will give you the biggest heating capability.

As for the Ironstrike: I recommend a forum search. I vaguely remember some posts suggesting the built quality is not that great. A search would not hurt for the others either to get actual experiences from owners.

Reactions: ill_make_you_famous
Ok thank you i went to another place today that had pacific energy inserts . They were marked down in price alot because the top was found to blow hot air down and basically the hot air was going right back into the intake. They said this was new this year. They suggested the summit 1402 over the Pacific. And it was quite a bit cheeper.i will look into the lopi brand next. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.