Mint Fisher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I'm not sure if this is ok to be here, it's pretty specialized. @begreen, is it allowed?
20190107_100349.jpg 20190107_100356.jpg 20190107_100423.jpg
Hey guys, I was at a customers house and they had a minty midsize Fisher. I complimented her on the stove, and she asked if I wanted to buy it. I promised to send word on if anybody was interested. Stove is in Colonie, NY, just outside Albany.

Said she only used it 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get her your contact info if you're interested.

I have no dog in this hunt. Just saw something of a rarity and want to pass it on.

Reactions: Todd67
I'm not sure if this is ok to be here, it's pretty specialized. @begreen, is it allowed?
View attachment 237643 View attachment 237644 View attachment 237645
Hey guys, I was at a customers house and they had a minty midsize Fisher. I complimented her on the stove, and she asked if I wanted to buy it. I promised to send word on if anybody was interested. Stove is in Colonie, NY, just outside Albany.

Said she only used it 1 year.
Someone used it enough to add a baffle sort of. We still see tons of these installed. This is in fairly good shape but not uncommon at all.

Thanks for posting! Someone might come along and want it.

Reactions: bholler
That baffle plate looks like it has seen plenty of abuse. It's easy keeping the outside like new. The inside tells a different story.
That appears to be a Grandma III from 1979 when the arched top doors were an option that year. The angle iron is put in like factory and the length and baffle plate size with notches is exact. Normally you only see baffles in the III with rounded corners and no angle iron corners. (The UL listed stoves) This was during the '79 to '80 change. The old style like this one was not Listed, but was made in the old style for many years later as a cheaper stove where UL Listing was not required, such as on non-combustible surface of hearth, or on cement floors and near cement walls. After 1979, this would have had arched top doors. The bent handles give it away as one of the later, early style models. Definitely just before the change.

For those that doubt there was a III that co-existed with the new style;
1979  III Manual.jpg Here is both on the cover with optional arched top doors and Fireplace Legs on the UL Listed style in the front,
and the stove pictured is towards the back. That is the '79 manual.

Here is the baffle plate in my Goldilocks. This is close to the same size stove pictured above. (Grandma) I bought it new in January 1985. The baffle wasn't cleaned. It is just as it was when taken out of service, used as the only heat source for over over 20 years. Rust and warp free, don't know what I did to keep it in such good shape. I even checked it with a straight edge! It is like the day it was put in. With new brick you would never guess it had much use.
The others in my collection are new, unfired. That's "mint".

Smoke Shelf Baffle 1984 Goldilocks.JPG

This is what Mint looks like;

Papa NEW Texas 12-13 5.JPG Unfired Papa (before cleaning)

Nickel Mama 6.jpgPapa / Mama Door

Grandma Door.jpg Grandma III Door

P9100037.JPG Unfired XL soaking with WD-40 before cleaning. (I use WD-40 in the house due to smell)

XL 5.jpg The inside after cleaning it up from sitting 40 years. I use Maas metal polish inside that leaves a protective film. It is for precious metals such as gold and silver, but works equally well on steel and gray iron castings. (when you can see yourself looking back at you inside your stove, I think it means you have issues)

XL Replated 4 9-17-2011.jpg XL nickel plated door, inside and out.

Attachments

• XL 6.jpg
    XL 6.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 143