more pellets to feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I know no one else has the stove I have, but how would one get more pellets to feed into the burn pot. If I throw in pellets into the burn pot manually, the temp output goes up, but the pellets burn up immediately. So I am wondering if my stove is not feeding enough pellets. However if I close the damper, the pot just fills up and doesn't burn correctly.

I was hoping there was a feed trim adjustment for each fuel setting. Unfortunately there is only a feed trim for heat range 1 on that control and it doesn't effect the other heat ranges.

Not much you can do with it, Besides hitting the auger button to feed some extra fuel in here and there. Sorry! Only other thing is to look for very dense pellets that are small in size and short in length. These will give you the max fuel charge possible. Something like Barefoots, Hamer Hot Ones and Okies maybe depends on your stove and the batch you get. Another thing if your bored is to try breaking up a bag of the Cubex into pieces no bigger than 1/2 inch long to see if my theory works for this stove. You should see a more consistent fire by doing that.

Keep us posted

I cut all mine to 3/4 inch long as I stack them next to the stove ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.