Mt. Vernon convection motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkins

Minister of Fire
Mar 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
has anybody with this stove been able to replace the bearings in the convection motor. If so, how did you get the fans off. I have not taken it off yet so I'm shooting from the hip in asking. Is it just replace it deal?

has anybody with this stove been able to replace the bearings in the convection motor. If so, how did you get the fans off. I have not taken it off yet so I'm shooting from the hip in asking. Is it just replace it deal?

from what I have seen when you remove the motor, it is going to be so corroded you will want a new one. usually can not get the fan blade off, so you cant get the motor apart. get a new motor and fan and replce it

I'm going to pull it today and see if it's even possible. Shouldn't be corroded as it all fresh air and not subject to heat. I might wait for the temps to rise a bit before shutting it down for a look see. Was hoping Kap would weigh in.

Thanks for your opinion.

I'm going to pull it today and see if it's even possible. Shouldn't be corroded as it all fresh air and not subject to heat. I might wait for the temps to rise a bit before shutting it down for a look see. Was hoping Kap would weigh in.

Thanks for your opinion.

now I see convection not combustion........;em

Yep, that is the critter although I found one on eBay for a lot less money. I looks to me like the motor and fan assembly must fit into another housing. You would think I'd know that but I guess I haven't paid all that much attention to the various parts when I've had it out for cleaning. All I remember is that it was somewhat heavy to hold up and get a screw into. Imagine that.

Just be careful with after market parts. Some don't fit so well without a little modification. kap

Plan on putting in a Quad part. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.