Mt Vernon Operation Questions Not AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you really need to get a pro out to inspect the entire unit. If you have the feed rate wide open and set it to the QUAD setting that thing should be ripping so hot it trips the over-limit sensors on the unit (Yes I had a customer do this, they actually disengaged the feed rate slider off its track and bent it all to hell).

Again, nothing beats a trained set of eyes on the thing. I suggest a pro to do a full cleaning and inspection of all components and functions. If you do have someone come out, let them know about all the things you have been tinkering with so they can set it all back to factory default settings.

2nd on the trained tech. The unit ran ok before, now it won't. What your doing by tinkering with the control box is like pushing down on your cars gas pedal to get the car to idle better, your not solving the prob-your masking it.
On top of it I'll bet it's a simple problem, they all are

I'll take your advice under advisement. I don't know that the stove hasn't been this way from day one. The fellow got out of it after 2 heating seasons.

Bkins

Status
Not open for further replies.