My dealers early buy program...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smoke show said:
CT1126 said:
For the ESES members what are your choices going to be for the upcoming year?

I am considering straying from ESES this year, as the buyer club price combined with per pallet price puts my normal softwood at $220+/ton.

I'm almost positive I can score quality softwoods <200/ton at another location. Still need to investigate more.

I guess I'll stick with 'em (although I have ten bags of Marth softwoods in my shop for that stove).

I've saved $$$ every year just on small parts and accessories. Last year I tried the first batch of Western Elites and they were kinda ashy. ESES actually CALLED ME to see how satisfied I was with those pellets... I really hadn't complained. I told them they seemed to be a little dirtier than I expected... fast forward one month and they gave me a store credit of $72.00 to make up for the poorer quality of those pellets! I was kinda shocked!

krooser said:
smoke show said:
CT1126 said:

I am considering straying from ESES this year, as the buyer club price combined with per pallet price puts my normal softwood at $220+/ton.

I'm almost positive I can score quality softwoods <200/ton at another location. Still need to investigate more.

I guess I'll stick with 'em (although I have ten bags of Marth softwoods in my shop for that stove).

I've saved $$$ every year just on small parts and accessories. Last year I tried the first batch of Western Elites and they were kinda ashy. ESES actually CALLED ME to see how satisfied I was with those pellets... I really hadn't complained. I told them they seemed to be a little dirtier than I expected... fast forward one month and they gave me a store credit of $72.00 to make up for the poorer quality of those pellets! I was kinda shocked!

Thats cool!

I'm still on the fence about where to buy. Like you said if I need any parts and don't join the buyers club, I'll pay a premium.

And I'm guaranteed pellets.

smoke show said:
krooser said:
smoke show said:
CT1126 said:

Thats cool!

I'm still on the fence about where to buy. Like you said if I need any parts and don't join the buyers club, I'll pay a premium.

And I'm guaranteed pellets.

It took me a long time to pull the trigger on a stove... and I was leary of ESE from the git go. But I got a great deal on my used stove there, the parts/service dept. turned out to be great and they always have a good supply of pellets.

But I'm not blind... I looked at a used St Croix Hastings a few weeks ago and their trade-in offer on my Greenfield corn burner could be considered an insult... but now that same stove is $600.00 cheaper on sale... might be a good time to buy it and sell my Greenfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.