1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

My dogs enjoying some Esse heat.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by charly, Oct 7, 2012.

1. charly

charly Guest

My Jack Russell's enjoying the warmth of the stove. 000_0278.JPG 000_0282.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shadow&Flame

Shadow&Flame Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    A neighbor had one of those dogs...it used to come by and visit on occasion. If he had battery posts, I could have jump started the tractor off him...ha
    n3pro, Gasifier and begreen like this.
  3. JOHN BOY

JOHN BOY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western Mountains ,NC
    My jack russell loves the heat off the o'le grandma bear.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I know exactly what you mean. The last one that visited us had rocket springs in his feet.
    Shadow&Flame and Gasifier like this.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

My Jack Russell used to be that way, now she's almost 14 years old and she's slowing down a tad. But she still likes to play fetch once in a while and loves to lay in front of the stove.

That's a beautiful stove charly, and a nice looking set of pooches.
    charly likes this.
  6. charly

charly Guest

Thanks, we do like the Esse. It's a nice feeling cooking your meals in the Esse and not paying for electric to do so, since we have an electric stove. Benny is 6 months old, he's a lot of fun. He'll watch you put nuts on bolts, doesn't miss a thing. The older girl Lily is 13 almost completely blind from diabetes, but still gets around fine. Her and Benny have a ball.​
    firecracker_77 likes this.
  7. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock
    Nice looking stove. I really love those cookstoves. I have type 1 diabetes and watch my sugar like a hawk out of fear of losing my eyes or worse.
  8. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock
    How big is the firebox?
  9. charly

charly Guest

Yes diabetes is nothing to fool with. I actually checked my dogs sugar and have her under nice control. Usually 100 or lower which took some time to figure out. She gets a shot twice a day with meals.
  10. charly

charly Guest

The fire box will take a 19 inch piece of wood. The box at the top slopes down towards the rear.You can get 2-3 long splits in then shorter and shorter pieces. I have the deeper fire wood insert for the stove but I prefer the heavy coal grates. Less wood room but a nice big ash pan and really good start up draft. You can see a thick the coal grates are. 100_6207.JPG 100_6204.JPG 100_6208.JPG 100_6211.JPG 100_6212.JPG
  11. certified106

certified106 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Athens, Ohio
    Awesome stove! Our Jack Russell is a permanent fixture in front of our stove throughout the winter.
  12. charly

charly Guest

Yes, they love the heat for sure. Great dogs. Smart!
  13. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    You're not from Schoharie......everything is too nice!;lol Well, you're no sloughter
  14. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    Great pictures charly :cool:

loon
    charly likes this.
  15. charly

charly Guest

Moved from East Berne, NY 3 years ago. Better half spotted the old farm for sale. ;) That's funny!
  16. charly

charly Guest

How about those new taxes after the flood==c! Everyone will be forced to move!
  17. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I'm in Carlisle, ours stayed the same. Are they going up in the flood areas?
  18. charly

charly Guest

Reassessed part of the town here in Gallupville, 79 % and next year 100% market value! People are outraged! I was told all the business's will get reassessed next year to full value as well. They'll all be leaving after just getting back on their feet! They need to stop wasting money!!!!!!
  19. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Beautiful stove! We wanted to put one like that in our kitchen but didn't think we had enough room. We went with the little Hampton and my Jack Russell likes it as well.
    IMG_20111020_181838.jpg
  20. charly

charly Guest

Nice picture . Your Jack has got his spot picked right out!:)
    tfdchief likes this.
  21. charly

charly Guest

100_6610.JPG
    Here's Lily, 13 years old enjoying some heat.
    tfdchief likes this.
  22. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Yep, she loves it there, She is 12 years old and has arthritis, so the she really likes the heat. She comes and gets me in the morning when the stove needs stoked ;lol
  23. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Wow, Lilly looks a lot like my Oggie. Oggie is 12 and as you can see, she has her spot. I have to physically move her to stoke the stove.:) Beautiful hearth by the way.
  24. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
    Great pics, nice looking stove.
    I think Benny is trying to tell you something;) dog1_2.JPG .
    charly likes this.
  25. charly

charly Guest

Bricks on the wall were already there when we bought the farm house. I just added the pad. Just built a new pad for my Fireview, old one was not wide enough. Your hearth is really nice looking.

Lily is almost completely blind, she gets two insulin shots a day for her diabetes's. She still gets around great, even walking through our woods, runs into nothing, amazing. She always finds us if she stops and gets behind by scent, amazing to watch. We have a new Jack Russell male, Benny, so he has kept Lily on her toes. They are best of friends. If they are your kind of dog, they are great companions. That's why we got another one. I showed my wife your Oggie and we said he looked like Lily before I posted a picture of our dog. That's funny.