My Hearthstone I could fit a stove inside of it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kksalm

Dec 21, 2007
Kenai Alaska
Hi All.
My rather large Hearthstone I is in need of an expensive rebuild. My research on this forum shows this model as being inefficient and Hearthstone has continually improved upon this model. It's such a big stove I'm thinking of gutting it and putting an efficient welded steel stove inside. The Hearthstone's mass would capture the heat and it would look pretty cool, as that model certainly does. Your comments would be appreciated.
Thank you and best regards, K. Salmon

It would help to know what is wrong with the stove to start with. Rather than the proposed steel insertion, I would probably try adding a secondary combustion system. Seems to me someone posted doing this a while back and was reporting a nice improvement.

Hi. Thank you for the reply. It was exactly what I was hoping for, an option to retain the beauty of my huge Hearthstone One and make it more efficient. Now if only someone can direct me to the thread you've mentioned.
Best regards, K. Salmon

Have you tried contacting Hearthstone? Maybe they have some helpful info?

Thank you Bluefrier for the link. It's exactly what I was looking for. I've been off the grid for awhile so I'm just now checking back in with this great forum. My biggest problem is staying home long enough to get any projects done.
Best regards, Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.