My new stove...what model? **PICTURES**

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
I have a "new to me" Osburn wood insert. Glass door with brass on it. It has two air controls. Both on the bottom, left and right side. You push for open and pull for closed. The right hand air control seems to be the main air control. It takes the fire from raging to a nice slower burn. The one on the left hand side does nothing at all, unless the right hand one is closed. With both closed the fire will go out.

It also has a built in damper.

I have been trying to play with this stove for a week or two. Getting the airflow just right, so I don't smoke up the glass, but can burn wood for a longer period of time.

Where in the world would I find the model number of this stove? And I'm pretty sure it has a baffle....I can't really explain what it looks like, but I think that's what it is.

Anyone else have this stove? where could I find the model number?

There is an air inlet on the bottom of the stove, and also the air holes pictured at the top of the stove, near the door. I also showed an opening in the top of the firebox, there are three of those...is that part of the baffle?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Stove 001.JPG
    Stove 001.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Stove 002.JPG
    Stove 002.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 347
  • Stove 003.JPG
    Stove 003.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 362
  • Stove 004.JPG
    Stove 004.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 346
  • Stove 005.JPG
    Stove 005.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 356
Pictures???

Most listed stoves have a tag on the back or side of the appliance. Take a real close look for it.

I am not seeing a baffle. It looks like the top of the inside of the stove and you can see the outlet on top towards the back, and is that a crack and the metal sagging down in front of the outlet?

It was a crack....until I put a piece of steel behind it and put a nice weld or three on it.

I'm not sure how to explain it, but that cracked part is right above the fire box, and there is some sort of air chamber in that area, with three vents to go from that chamber into the firebox, and then it goes out vent...

Wish I knew more.

You can see the vent in one of the pictures, it's rectangular

Status
Not open for further replies.