My Stove Hunt, thread ,Need Stove IDs, and Input.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this worth ?

Vermont Castings Encore Wood-burning Stove - $400
Enameled wood-burning stove.
Top or front loading.
Includes pipe attachments 6" round and 6" oval.
10 years old.
28" wide 26" tall 24" deep.
Easy to clean ash pan.
Will deliver depending on location for additional $

00F0F_70C0U88Nt1j_600x450.jpg00C0C_5QZsTtNDzp2_600x450.jpg00202_koxs9VeM0Ms_600x450.jpg

I always liked the looks of those Dutchwest stoves, almost bought one years ago. You need to find out what size that one is, small, large or XL. Also ask how old the cat is.

Good price on the Encore but at 10 years probably needs a rebuild and new cat which will more than double the price. Maybe they only used it ocassionally and it still has some life?

Good stove. Why am I thinking "Rode hard and put away wet."? It should clean up fine.

Ya know, wood stove abuse should be at least a misdemeanor. >>

Good stove. Why am I thinking "Rode hard and put away wet."? It should clean up fine.

Ya know, wood stove abuse should be at least a misdemeanor. >>

3 years old , he is switching to wood furnace .
What I noticed , if U look at the pics close, U see a dirty camera lens, SPOTS, makes it look bad .

The hearth pad is worth $300 or so.

Get a wire brush on an angle grinder and scrub that puppy up. Add some stove paint and voila you'll have a great looking, well built Lopi.

Well the guy got the ok from his other half, Lopi Republic , 3 years old $450, going Tues-Wed ,to look if It's ok , bring it home

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
Well, Thanks for posting that , It made me take a second look and now I am looking forward to cutting my wood consumption in half ,burning cleaner, and getting longer burn times.
I think $450 is a decent price for that 3 year old stove but, of course I still haven't looked at it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.