Napoleon 1402 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd64133

Hearth Supporter
Jul 30, 2008
Western Missouri
We just purchased a Napoleon 1402 and it is currently back ordered until mid to late August. Hopefully that is accurate as I see other mfgs. are back ordered until 2009.

A couple of questions for those who own the 1401/1402. Is 18" the max log length or do you find you can get logs a bit larger in the firebox? Also, what is the largest diameter of log that would fit?

Nope, 18" by 18" fire box, I buck my wood at 15", as the door opening on mine is 15 3/4" not 16" place small diameter wood on an angle corner to corner you could get 20". My overnight burn wood is more like chunks 8" to 12" splits 12 to 14" long. Have a good fire going, stick one of these over sized well seasoned chunks in with a few pieces of smaller wood and she is still generating heat at 6am when I get up
This does present some stacking problems, 4' to 5' high rows 12' to 15" long like to fall over. Because some wood I get is already bucked at 24" plus. I used to cut it in half before splitting, now I split and stack it at the long length and run it though the radial arm saw prior to hitting the stove.
mine is a 1401 insert, because that's all that would fit in my fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.