Napoleon NPS45 Pics, finally installed....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Not 100% done yet as I still need some silicone in a couple spots, and learn how to handle this remote 3301 P2 t-stat. Tried the t-stat and set the stove control board to "Auto" as stated in manual so the unit will shut down if t-stat doesn't call for heat in 60 mins. but didn't work or didn't wait an hour to see results.

Tomorrow will be another day.......sigh...... %-P ....just a bit tired for today....hope you guys like it.....

Attachments

• Picture 032 small.jpg
    Picture 032 small.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 774
  • Picture 033 small.jpg
    Picture 033 small.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 743
  • Picture 034 small.jpg
    Picture 034 small.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 708
  • Picture 035 small.jpg
    Picture 035 small.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 697
Wow, Looks much better with the trim than the black one we checked out. See I told you you could do it all by yourself! Nice bit of handy work! You done good.

Nice buddie! Me like very much! :)

Geek nice lookng install. Loks like it really soots up the glass quickly. I don't have a Napolean stove so mabey somebody with one might comment on that.

smalltown said:
Geek nice lookng install. Loks like it really soots up the glass quickly. I don't have a Napolean stove so mabey somebody with one might comment on that.

Nope, not at all, that is actually in the back by the burn pot wall, glass is shining clean.....

Glad to read that is the back. Looks like your good to go for the cold weather enjoy!!!.

j-takeman said:
Wow, Looks much better with the trim than the black one we checked out. See I told you you could do it all by yourself! Nice bit of handy work! You done good.

thanks jay, but man this one was a bit more challenging than the santa fe basement install, had to widen existing hole in the wall and then piping not aligning up properly, at the end I feel like I did a sloppy job, a bit, but seems like it's working fine. Put some good foil tape around the appliance adapter, a bit of smoke came out so then I put some more, I think is good now but had to turn it off as it is a bit warm in the house, I will do some more test when weather cools down again.

sweet looking stove

geek said:
j-takeman said:

thanks jay, but man this one was a bit more challenging than the santa fe basement install, had to widen existing hole in the wall and then piping not aligning up properly, at the end I feel like I did a sloppy job, a bit, but seems like it's working fine. Put some good foil tape around the appliance adapter, a bit of smoke came out so then I put some more, I think is good now but had to turn it off as it is a bit warm in the house, I will do some more test when weather cools down again.

You were running out of time and Can redo it next spring or when you can afford some nice fresh new piping. As long as its safe for now. You can work on the pretties later! :)

Sure looks nice it that corner. Keep me posted on how she preforms for you. This could be another friends new toy. He's got an older Breckwell thats getting tired and wants one that self adjusts when you change heat settings. Maybe income tax time next spring? I forwarded him a link to your pictures, so he can see one up close! I'll let you know what he thinks when he replies.

Take care and enjoy the new toy!

Very nice geek!
Stove looks really sharp with the mix of colors on the wall and hearthpad.

Thats a good looking stove ya got Geek ! Hearth pad looks super ! Enjoy !!!!!! ;-)

Nice set up. I'll be interested to see how she runs this winter. I have the other Napoleon model. Like it. Would have preferred a stove that looks more like the Franklin stoves but couldn't justify the extra money. Now that I've had this one for a couple of years, and it has runs so well, I'm happy with what I have. I have put in the OAK and it runs even better. Wish I had put in the OAK from the onset, but I was discouraged by the installer. Big mistake for me.
Hope you enjoy your stove.

save$ said:
Nice set up. I'll be interested to see how she runs this winter. I have the other Napoleon model. Like it. Would have preferred a stove that looks more like the Franklin stoves but couldn't justify the extra money. Now that I've had this one for a couple of years, and it has runs so well, I'm happy with what I have. I have put in the OAK and it runs even better. Wish I had put in the OAK from the onset, but I was discouraged by the installer. Big mistake for me.

So you were never affected by the noisy combustion blower issue in earlier models, specially the insert?

They claim that issue was resolved altogether and that the NPS45 got never affected.

I like this stove, i just hope it will perform well. The unit is SO quiet and based on a couple hours test the burn pot get pretty much clean by itself after going into shut down cycle, can't wait to see after a couple days burning 24x7.... ;-P

geek said:
save$ said:

So you were never affected by the noisy combustion blower issue in earlier models, specially the insert?

They claim that issue was resolved altogether and that the NPS45 got never affected.

I like this stove, i just hope it will perform well. The unit is SO quiet and based on a couple hours test the burn pot get pretty much clean by itself after going into shut down cycle, can't wait to see after a couple days burning 24x7.... ;-P

To be very honest, I did have a noisy screech that came and went in about the 3ed month. I would change the settings and the noise would go away, but later come back, only to go away after another setting adjustment. That went on for a few weeks, then poof, it was gone, hopefully for good. I just wrote it off as a "getting broken in" sort of like a pair of shoes. Lucky for me, the stove isn't in a room my wife likes to settle down in. She would have had to say a few words about it. I am much more tolerant with some noises and have learned to appriciate the positives over the negative.... even when it is the stove!

Very nice looking stove Geek, and a good install on your part also. I dont know anything about a Napoleon, but you mention the pot cleaning, is this Napoleon a self cleaning fire pot ? If so how does it get the ash out of the pot and where does it go? I know Harmon pushes up from the bottom I believe but would be interesting to know if this one does it. Saves you some work on pot cleaning I assume too.

Nicholas440 said:
Very nice looking stove Geek, and a good install on your part also. I dont know anything about a Napoleon, but you mention the pot cleaning, is this Napoleon a self cleaning fire pot ? If so how does it get the ash out of the pot and where does it go? I know Harmon pushes up from the bottom I believe but would be interesting to know if this one does it. Saves you some work on pot cleaning I assume too.

the stove doesn't have the pot agitator like the enviro, it just uses air to push the ash out in the bottom channels that land into the ash pan. That's what i learned.

Mentioned this to jay but wanted to post here.

I know it’s been ONLY a few hours burning today (3 plus hours) but i am loving this stove..!!

Glass is shining clean so far, VERY clean.....no nothing sticking at all so far. My previous unit got dirty very fast after just a couple hours.
Quiet, burn pot cleans itself (very little ash left once the unit shuts down, very little), just loving it and hoping it will perform good for a long time…...

Still trying to figure out this t-stat with the unit in auto (called t-stat mode in the enviro?), i must be doing something wrong as it is not shutting down.

Anyhow, loving it…knock on wood…..!!!!

geek,

Some stoves have two modes when operated on a t-stat, one is the start up/shut down mode and the other is high/low mode the second mode doesn't shut off it goes to the lowest heat setting and keeps on a burning.

Nicholas440 said:
.......but you mention the pot cleaning, is this Napoleon a self cleaning fire pot ? If so how does it get the ash out of the pot and where does it go?....

Most pellet stoves have the combustion air coming up from the bottom and through the holes in the burn pot. When the unit goes into shut down, the feed stops, but burn air continues. As the remaining pellets get burned, the ash simply blows out (into area around the pot) leaving a clean burn pot when the stove finally shuts off completely.

imacman said:
Nicholas440 said:
.......but you mention the pot cleaning, is this Napoleon a self cleaning fire pot ? If so how does it get the ash out of the pot and where does it go?....

Most pellet stoves have the combustion air coming up from the bottom and through the holes in the burn pot. When the unit goes into shut down, the feed stops, but burn air continues. As the remaining pellets get burned, the ash simply blows out (into area around the pot) leaving a clean burn pot when the stove finally shuts off completely.

Pete is right that most stoves just blow the ash out of the burnpot while shutting down. But most stoves go to low fire mode while in shutdown mode. The NPS45 actually boost's its combustion blower some to speed this process. Seems to work very nicely! They call it the •Purge cycle.

j-takeman said:
....The NPS45 actually boost's its combustion blower some to speed this process.........

I could be wrong (have to check w/ Mike Holton on this), but I think my 10-cpm does the same thing. I swear the comb. blower speeds up when it goes into shut down mode.

Thanks for the info on the way the stove purges the ashes. I know on my Quad Castile insert when it goes into shut down it doesnt speed up it just allows the pellets to slowly die down and they go out but the ash stays in the pot. That purge cycle sounds like a good thing to have on any stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.