NC-!3 Baffle Removal ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Chimneys cleaned, but we have to remove the baffle to finish the job (good night to do it, 59F for a low !)

I did a search, nadda.

Help appreciated !

1. Ensure the appliance is not in operation and is completely cooled down.
2. There is one screw in each stainless steel tube holder, located in the fire box ceiling. Remove the screws from the front and middle tube holders.
3. Shift the tube to the right, so that one end comes completely out of the socket. Drop the end down and pull it out by pulling it back to the left.
4. Drop the board down and push the left corner to the top left. Bring the right corner down to the bottom right of your door opening, and pull the right side out first.
5. Vacuum the board off and blow the carbon out of the tubes, if there is any build-up.
6. Re-install the board and tubes, reversing the same method they were removed.

Other than that from the manual, the screws are on the left side of the tubes at the manifold.

As a side note, I found that the baffles on my 30 were also lightly adhered to the rear by something. Might take a little bit of tugging to break it free the first time.

TY ! I relay that info to the Dixette.

I ain't my stove :)

Agent said:
As a side note, I found that the baffles on my 30 were also lightly adhered to the rear by something. Might take a little bit of tugging to break it free the first time.

That is silicone caulk to keep them in place during shipping. Literally toast after the first hot burn.

BrotherBart said:
Agent said:

That is silicone caulk to keep them in place during shipping. Literally toast after the first hot burn.

Yeah, I had the same thing on my 17-VL. No big deal. The tubes and baffles come out pretty easy on my stove, I love it.

When reassembling the top of the stove, I notice in the NC17 manual on page 17 there are instructions to set the angles of the holes in the secondary tubes. The little retainer brackets that screw into the side and fit into the holes in each tube can pivot and adjust a bit. Not sure how important this is, but I assume it's pretty important since they put it in the manual. My stove manual doesn't have this information and I'm not sure how model dependent this is. I have four tubes similar to the NC30, so I've been toying with getting mine set similarly to what is on page 16 of the NC30 instructions. I noted the original position of mine in case I decide to go back. So far I'm pretty happy with the NC30 settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.