NC30 Summers Heat at Lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy the one from Lowes then. Same stove.

I want to buy it from Lowes its just $250.00 more there. Closest HD is another 20 minutes. I have lowes card and wanted to use the no interest plan. Wonder why lowes is so much difference.

Last edited:
You can get a 10% Lowe's coupon online, that HD will match. Better yet, see if any local HD will match a 20% (or 25%) Harbor Freight coupon. Then put it on a Capital One card for another 1.5% off. Who needs financing when you can save $200 and get an NC30 for $700?

HD sells the Englander branded 30, Lowes sells the Summers heat branded. Same stove co, same stove, just 2 different names.
You can try and printout the Englander website specs of each and see if they will accept that is is the same stove. They will prolly balk though.

I want to buy it from Lowes its just $250.00 more there. Closest HD is another 20 minutes. I have lowes card and wanted to use the no interest plan. Wonder why lowes is so much difference.

Oops, I meant buy it from the cheapest place. It's because you want 0% financing? Ugh. If you can't afford it then you can't afford it. They often have sales in the spring.

Get the HD card, usually has same no interest plan, and pony up the 20 mins to the store.

Reactions: Cory S
If Lowes has the stove on the floor, yank the manual out of it. All of the model numbers are on it.

Print it online and take it with you.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/30-NC.pdf

INSTALLATION & OPERATION MANUAL
MODEL NUMBERS: 30-NCP 50-SNC30P 50-TNC30P
30-NCL 50-SNC30L 50-TNC30L
30-NCG 50-SNC30G 50-TNC30G
Thank you for purchasing this product from a fine line of heating equipment.
We wish you many years of safe heating pleasure with your new heating appliance.
Save These Instructions.

Print it online and take it with you.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/30-NC.pdf

INSTALLATION & OPERATION MANUAL
MODEL NUMBERS: 30-NCP 50-SNC30P 50-TNC30P
30-NCL 50-SNC30L 50-TNC30L
30-NCG 50-SNC30G 50-TNC30G
Thank you for purchasing this product from a fine line of heating equipment.
We wish you many years of safe heating pleasure with your new heating appliance.
Save These Instructions.

Great idea, the lady at Lowes almost did it but the model number was different even though it had the nc30 on both just different deignations for Home depot and Lowes. If I can find one in stock that would help, they only want to carry pellet stoves around here.

Thnaks

Just buy one here shipped free to a freight terminal near you and be done with it. Probably no sales tax either.

If I had to make a WAG as to why, it would be that England's had to have different brands to get them into all the big box stores. This eliminates competition and a price war over the "same" stove. This prevents Lowes, Home Depot, and Menard's from having to price match. I have no authority on the topic, it's just a WAG.

If I had to make a WAG as to why, it would be that England's had to have different brands to get them into all the big box stores. This eliminates competition and a price war over the "same" stove. This prevents Lowes, Home Depot, and Menard's from having to price match. I have no authority on the topic, it's just a WAG.

Probably right.

Kind of needed to put on Lowes card with Christmas on its way, i work for a moving company with docks so i can have it shipped there, if i did it here how does that work?

Call'em.

Makes sense..I was thinking there was something through the board here. I lucked out and found a lowes to price match..shes on her way anywhere between now and 2 weeks..hopefully sooner than later. I waited to long. Electric company is not getting all my money from now on! Thanks guys!

On a different subject, I did a search and cant figure out the single wall pipe install. When I am coming down from the ceiling box will I need a piece of telescoping pipe? If not how would it fit right? I am going to Lowes to get there Supervent roof kit and the rest of the pipe. I'm assuming its fixed to the ceiling box so it looks like you need a telescoping piece? If so does it go towards the ceiling or does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.