need alittle harman advice for a newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ic1334

Nov 29, 2015
mammoth pa
hi guys i was hoping someone could help me out with some advice.First let me say i currently have an old pellet pro by harman. it blew up the circuit due to a wiring issue i cant find. So after talking to a local deal i realized that it wasnt worth fixing. So my question is im looking at the p61 model for alittle over 4 grand, more than i want to pay, but i dont want to buy junk either. So i located a used one that i was told was about 10 years old for 1750. i was told it had the blower motors replaced plus an updated circut board. i was wondering if this was a fair price and is there a big difference between the new one and the old one. is a used one something i should avoid?
Thanks

Maybe the local dealer wanted to sell you a stove, hence the advice. Might want to find a local independent maintenance tech and have them take a look. Might end up being very cost effective to fix what you have.

If you look hard enough, you can pick up a new P61A for about $3300-3400.00 depending on how bad the dealer wants to move them.....

Used models less than 7-8 years old tend to fetch about $2000-2300.00 in exquisite condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.