Need help identifying insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wheelhorse2347

Feb 19, 2024
Milford, Mi
Hello all,

Having trouble identifying this wood insert. Seller said tag is missing from the rear, and Google image search was not able to find one identical. Hoping to find whether this will work for our house and find a manual.

Photos attached

IMG_2473.jpeg IMG_2474.jpeg

Looks like it may be a Regency, maybe an i3100? More pictures might help.

Hard to say. If there are no tubes, just a baffle, then maybe an R14?

It looks like an early 3100 to me. The I'd tag will be behind the blower not on the back. I do think I see a crack in the notch for the latch at the top. Generally not a big deal but it would definitely lower the orice

I downloaded the manual and it’s definitely a i3100. Seller is asking $250, and I can tig weld a crack if need be. I wonder if I can talk him down to $180
If the tubes and baffle are in good shape 250 is a good price

We currently have a Lopi Freedom in our basement fireplace. Wondering how this stacks up against the LOPI, and which we should use upstairs and which downstairs.

It looks like an early 3100 to me. The I'd tag will be behind the blower not on the back. I do think I see a crack in the notch for the latch at the top. Generally not a big deal but it would definitely lower the orice
I think the firebrick count is wrong for the 3100. Doesn't it have 5 across in the back? Maybe an i2400 if it has tubes under the baffle.

We currently have a Lopi Freedom in our basement fireplace. Wondering how this stacks up against the LOPI, and which we should use upstairs and which downstairs.
The Freedom has the larger firebox.

Do you know if this insert has secondary tubes or not?

Not sure yet but I’ll find out in a couple days.

The Looi might make sense to move up to the large floor, and the regency (if that’s what it is) in the basement . It’s a tri level so the basement is a half basement. The Lopi KICKS out the heat, and might be nicer on the main floor