Need new boots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Shoe/ boot recommendation is variable and so dependent on individual preferences and needs - shape of foot, especially insole. Some like Keen for their roominess, but to me my toes swim in the boot.
It sounds like you might have two issues to solve for: first plantar fasciitis, then finding a comfortable work boot.
I've had plantar fasciitis. You definitely want to treat it before conditions worsens and develops into heel spur. See podiatrist if needed. Get recommendation on foot support - OTC insert insoles or prescription. Inserts have addressed my foot problems. I have a very high arch and OTC inserts make all the difference whether a shoe is good or bad. The footbed is the foundation of foot health & comfort.
For me OTC inserts (Powerstep - Powerstep) work great. If I remove them and replace with insert that came with shoes I can feel difference immediately. It's like a totally different shoe. I buy Powerstep model (Pulse) with stiff, high arch support. It has a very stiff bed for heel.
Buy a shoe made by company and people with tradition of craftsmanship. In past 10 years, for a non-PPE shoe, I've been happy with Asolo Fugitive boots (Asolo Fugitive-gtx).
I checked out the Powerstep insert link, interesting how they suggest making an imprint of your foot with water on cardboard. I thought I had higher arches but the print turned out neutral.
I went to the podiatrist and had the steroid shots in my heel. I do all of the stretches and rolling but still get heel pain sometimes. I roll on a roller and on frozen water bottle, both give relief.

Last summer I found a new shoe store with staff and stock that catered to those of us with foot problems and those needing orthotics. I needed a wide toe and not wide heel. The place was called Comfort Shoes. Don’t know if you could find something like that down your way. They fitted me with Poppet boot at at great price that did the trick.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy