Need openions on a new chimmny for the basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
So i have the one stove in the living room and i bought a new NC-30 for the basement and need to run a new chimmey for it

i have two options

1. run a chimmney

2. since my old chimmney that runs my oil burner has NOt been serviced for 10 years and needs serious work i am thinking of tareing it out (only goes in the loving room then basement) and running a new dual one and move my oil burner on the other side of the wall in my basement and then put my stove in the basement where the burner was.

how are the "new style" chimmney run are they double or tripple wall pipe? what do you think

1st, check the local codes. (Local fire Dept. a good place to talk with, they can steer you in the right direction)
2nd, get a few bids & decide if you want them to install or you can DIY.
3rd HURRY, Winter is coming to a place near you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.