New Effecta Lambda 35kw install with 1000gal storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill1472

Feb 2, 2010
Michigan
Starting our second Effecta install, The tank went in today 41" 1000gal propane tank
had to put through a 45" door, everything went as planned, will post more pics as the install
continues. Will be a forced air setup at the moment, with plans for baseboard and in floor
heat at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,012
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,021
more pics of the install

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 971
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 970
and more,

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 972
We will use mostly copper$$$, We used supper Tuff-R on my effecta system, I like to take a panal off to show somone that has an intriest, I dont like foam spray to cover the tank. I will keep picks of the progress as we go.
Bill,

Looks like you are doing a great job. Is that a bladder expansion tank? Randy

Bill,

Glad to see ANOTHER effecta lambda 35kw system being installed. Doesn't that make (3) in East Jordan, MI alone?

Those 1,000 gallon propane tanks are a bear to handle but with the proper equipment it's quite easy (WHERE THERE'S A WILL......THERE'S AS WAY!)

No one can argue that this is probably one of the best recycling efforts occurring today (taking an old, obsolete 1,800 lb, 250 psi @ 650 F pressure vessel and using it to accumulate and store 130-200F water at 15-20 psi).

Can't wait to see photos of the entire setup as it is being installed.

Keep us posted on your nice work!

Brian

Regarding my user name, NO, we did not lose our agent status.

That statement couldn't be further from the truth - we have 13 effecta boilers (and 13 very happy customers) in North America and are working on the next order of boilers.

The reason for the name change came at the request of the higher powers at hearth.com

Brian

Hello Everyone,
new here to hearth, but you have already heard about the new boiler installation.
Effecta Lambda 35kw w/ 1000 gallon of storage
Bill is my father-in-law and i thought i would update some photos....

Attachments

• tank w.o back board.jpg
    tank w.o back board.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 643
  • tank off carts w board up.jpg
    tank off carts w board up.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 650
first pic... tanks rolled in on carts
second pic... 1000 gallon tank set, insulation board put up and bottom drain added as well

close up of bottom valve

Attachments

• bottom tank valve closeup.jpg
    bottom tank valve closeup.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 618
1000 gallon tank plumbing underway

Attachments

• long tank w board.jpg
    long tank w board.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 613
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 628
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 620
1st.. blank slate
2nd.. drop tube valves
3rd.. nice "little" long view w logo :)

And Finally unwrapped the Effecta Lambda 35!!
Set in place and plumbing began on it as well...

and bottom inside view too

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 566
that makes you up to date as of 2/20/12
Thanks for viewing and more pics to come.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 519
Welcome Gene,
Looking good. You will probably be sad to see winter end just getting that nice boiler. J.T.

Thank You,
It has been quite the learning experience so far, I'm by no means versed in Boiler systems, however i have been using wood stoves for awhile. The first time i watched Bill fire up his Effecta 35 i was completely amazed.. I never could imagine burning wood as being so easy and hassle free. I probably spent about 1-2 hrs a day just feeding and meddling with my woodstove, burned over 26 cord a winter on a house that was 1400 sq. feet.. Really??? you might ask yourself... The sad truth is yes.. ha. Recently my wife and I bought a new home, much larger, and i am so completely stoked to be working on the new Effecta 35 w/1000 gallons instead of some other yard smoker that so many around here have. But the Good news is that this will make 3, ya 3 Effecta 35's in East Jordan, MI.. that's pretty awesome.

Gene.EJ said:
Thank You,
e. I probably spent about 1-2 hrs a day just feeding and meddling with my woodstove, burned over 26 cord a winter on a house that was 1400 sq. feet.. Really??? you might ask yourself... .

26 cord? Really.

Unless your definition of a cord is different than mine I don't see how you could burn that much in one stove in a year. When I burned 24/7 in my jotul f600 I went through at most five cord.

Welcome to the site!!!

If you guys would ever have some snow up there I would come check out you system. Kinda hard to ride the sleds on dirt!!!! LOL

Glad to see Brian hooked you up with a real nice boiler.

Take care,
Rob

ewdudley said:
Gene.EJ said:
Good news is that this will make 3, ya 3 Effecta 35's in East Jordan, MI.. that's pretty awesome.

Pfft. Talk about stoked, there's four Ford 3/4T pickups on just the road I live on. Top that!

lol, thats awesome too!

Status
Not open for further replies.