new englander nc-30 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGunter

Nov 15, 2011
coastal maine
I understand that 2-45's is preferable to 1-90. Is there any reason not to install a 45 directly to the stove and then a straight run and then a 45 into the chimney thimble, or does the pipe immediately after the stove need to be vertical? This is a unfinished basement install and the only clearance issue is to the basement ceiling.

Should be fine. Not the same but I have a 30 degree coming directly out of the top of my 30-NC then it is connected to my flex liner in the chimney and it works fine.

A few people go right from the stove collar to a 45°… Its not completely vertical, but it eliminates a lot of horizontal.

I am going to go one more year with my 90° and then switch to 2-45°'s next year. That way I have 2 yrs of burning the 30 before I swap out.

Is this a basement install? Looking forward to install pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.