New installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turkeyeyes

Sep 13, 2008
I am building my own home and I want to put a wood burner in it. My ceiling is open and has a thirty degree angle it is 17 feet from floor to ceiling, I was wondering what I will need as for as stove pipe and going through the ceiling?

I wish I had a 17 foot high ceiling! Sometimes it's unit specific, but for the most part you'll need plain single wall pipe up to the ceiling unless you want close clearances in which case use double walled pipe. Then a cathedral ceiling support box, and then chimney pipe and cap.

A website you man find useful is http://www.duravent.com/ They had diagrams showing different installs including cathedral ceilings, just look in the install instruction pdf's for the different types of pipe. When you find the stove you want, check the install manual for the specific type of pipe required.

I highly suggest you install a ceiling fan or two in that ceiling, will make a world of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.