New owner Resolute Acclaim 2490

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sal77

I am still in the learning stage but getting better every day. My question is: how much flame should I have when I close the damper in the secondary burn mode? I close the damper after I have a hot bed of coals and the griddle temp. is usually around 700 deg. F. Do I open the damper if I see no flames? Thanks

You should still see flames if the damper is closed and the air is wide open, when you start to reduce the air you will see less flame, it's ok if you don't see flames as long as you can't see smoke out the chimney. Your stove is designed to be able to burn low with the damper closed because you get a secondary burn in the back of stove which you can't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.