New State, new stove, new screen name.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonh

Aug 17, 2012
Contoocook Valley NH
I have been a member of the board but not very active. I do loiter quite a bit though, and for many years. My old handle was Boston baked. I moved to NH a month ago. I've been wanting to live here for years and finally got my wish. I just pulled the trigger today on a new Harman P38+ for my new abode. Just wanted to check in and get reacquainted. My previous stove was a quad Santa Fe and we had good service from it but wanted to try a Harman. Man that thing is built like a tank. I see some familiar folks that have been here for years. So hello the forum and hope to be able to contribute a little. Thanks, New-to-NH

Good to have ya back.

Going from a Quad to a Harman! Nice..

Welcome back to the Forums..

Welcome back Newt, congrats on your move (Boston must have baked you) Enjoy your Harman:cool: (go Yankees & Giants ;))

Yea, when I bought my first stove had it narrowed down to Harman and Quadrafire. I was after the P38 but there was one of those runs on stoves and I could not get the stove so I went with the Santa Fe. No regrets It was a good stove never had any real trouble with it. I kept it clean as a whistle and It took good care of us. It went with the house when we sold it in July so I decided to go for the Harman this time. I was born in Ma. and loved the state just could not stand the folks running it (into the ground) any more, IMHO. So we decided to vote with our feet as they say and live in a state where personal liberties rule. So yes, Boston baked me. lol I have been around the board here since around 05 or so and have learned much. I'm sorry to say that most stove shops I visit I feel I know quit a bit more than they do. I bought my new stove from a shop in Jaffery NH and was happy to find some folks that really knew their products. And that sold me on them. I am rehabbing my new place so I won't take delivery for a month or so. The room I'm putting it in I have gutted to the studs so pictures won't be for a while. I'm doing the room in a log cabin style and have an order in for log siding at a local mill. I hope it will arrive on site in another week or so. I'm in the hills and the neighbors are bear and moose so it seems fitting. I got the wife on board even though she thinks I'm angeling for a man cave.lol I said that's just not true. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.