new stove acting up help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the blower speed change when you change heat levels? It seems like it is stuck on the lowest heat setting and the fire is burning out due to too much air/not enough pellet feed so the proof of fire switch is shutting the stove down. I had to change my POF switch from a 140 degree F to a 120 degree one so the stove would tolerate a lower burn temp.

what brand of pellets are you burning? Try closing the damper butterfly all the way(it only blocks half the pipe anyway). If you are comfortable with tinkering, you can jump across the POF contacts and see if the stove runs longer. Do not leave the switch bypassed any longer than a controlled test!!

I am not familiar with the new control panel. Does it need a jumper on the thermostat connector or something similar? That may keep it in the lowest pilot burn no matter the heat level setting.

yes blower speeds up when turn up temp. They are some local made pellets that all my friend's with pellet stove suggested cuz said they are best burning ones around. I will look in to your info. But think i got the burning out figured out. Did not have exhauste sealed up all the way on stove so was letting inside air in to the stove. But still gotta figure out the E3 thing. Thanks for your help.

Robert I can e-mail you the correct OM if you want. Also call our tech support line. You don't HAVE to be by the stove they can run though some things with you you can try when you get home and always call back. 800-750-2723 ext 5050

Reactions: SteveB
Thanks for all your help every one. I think everything is good now. Been running for two days now with out missing a beat. I think the E3 error was because wife let it get two low on pellets when i was at work. I came home and checked to make sure nothing was stuck in auger then filled it up and started it up and has been running fine.

Well it ran ok for a few weeks but now its doing the same ol crap! Was thinking maybe it needed cleaned so cleaned it out real good. And have not got it to fire up and run good im a couuple of days. Yesterday it shut down like 9 times with a E3 error. Help

Robert. Somebody spoke about drilling out all the holes in our burn pot to 1/4 because his stove was not getting enough air. I have the same stove and have been thinking about this also. Although my stove dosent burn out it does get the flame low. I see in the video a large amount of ash around your pellet chute and top of burn pot. My stove looks nothing like that as far as ash and im burning crap green supremes.. although i do get alot of ash and clinkers i have to clean my stove daily. Your def having an air issue if it keeps burning out. And the burn pot seems to be the culprit. Im thinking of buying a second burn pot to test the bigger hole theroy as mentioned.

You should also try diffrent bag of pellet brand to see if thats the issue. After ignition a fire needs only fuel and air to continue to burn. One of those two is causing your problems

ok thanks. im thinking its a air issue also because all my freinds with pellet stoves said these are the best ones around. My boss has the same stove as me but its last year model with out the new thermostat. And his is burning them just fine. They are good hard wood pellets. That burn very well with no crap in burn pot 100% burn.

Yours is the model with legs correct. Why is there so much ash under the pellet chute like that. We both have the exact same model. New style control and everything. Is your burn pot seated correctly. That dosent look right at all in the video. Maybe im seeing something diffrent.

I think that is just the video making it look that way. Because when i cleaned it out the day before yesterday i made sure the burn pot was pushed down and seated well. Because i remember reading that could make it not burn right.

cleaned the stove out and this is my gap on my burn pot. I double check and made sure was fully seated.
da2e91a3983e82576207ef92f69d71b0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.