New stove on the way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilcan

Hearth Supporter
Dec 30, 2007
west iowa
Well I did it , ordered my new NC-30 from overstockstoves.com for 799.00. I know that some Lowes have these at a great price right now, but not in this area. All they carry is the century hearth stoves. Came close to buying one of those ($354.00) but wanted the option of outside air and the larger fire box.Really hated passing up this deal but was afraid that I would regret not having the OA at a later date, so I just bit the bullet and did it. Now I just have to get over a little buyers remorse and everything will be fine.
Stoves going in the basement this spring/summer.Still have to insulate the walls and build a hearth.

Good grief, it's a regular movement. Congratulations oilcan. Sounds like you have a warm basement coming up.

When she arrives put a couple piece of pipe in it and fire it off outdoors. It will burn off the oils and bake in the fresh paint. You can bask in the glow of its warmth and from what I've heard, bake a few dozen squirrels in the trees above :) (Don't forget the gravy.)

As spiritual leader of this movement I solemnly swear not to serve Kool-Aid at the annual get together.

OK, OK....I called my friend at the HD today and told him to tag one for me as soon as they go to clearance to replace the CLASSIC in my shop.

I know BB, I'll be using less wood and beeee happppyy.

BrotherBart said:
As spiritual leader of this movement I solemnly swear not to serve Kool-Aid at the annual get together.

..........no purple cloth and no Nikes either

BrotherBart said:

How bout some Purple Window Pane. :)

Nope, just Natural Light and Yuenglings.

At the PE group fest they serve Molsons & Labatt. Instead of smoking out squirrels they roast and smoke jumping salmon while they're jumping the falls in the neighboring river.

Status
Not open for further replies.