New stove pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lebondj1

Nov 12, 2010
E.TN
Here is our new Lopi Leyden. :) it seems to be working correctly. Boy was that thing heavy. Thanks for all your help in answering my questions. I'm burning Greenway pellets at the moment.
Doug

Attachments

• DSC03218.jpg
    DSC03218.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 743
Thanks, I was going to build a tile hearth board like the ones they sell for $300-400 but after adding up the cost at HD it was going to be about a $100 plus the effort, so i took the easy way out with a large piece of stone(300lbs) for $33.

Lebondj1,

Nice to have another Lopi Leyden owner on the forum.

Hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as I do from ours.

I really like that chunk of rock the stove sits on.

Regards,

Ranger

clean looking install. I for one did make my own pad. it took alot longer than i had anticipated. but my cost was very low. had most of the supplies layin around. Love the slab. we can't get that color up here. mostly a metalic blue. Enjoy the heat....

Stove & stone hearth look great......thanks for the pic, and enjoy the heat!!

lebondj1 said:
Here is our new Lopi Leyden. :) it seems to be working correctly.

BTW Doug, I hope you have a GOOD surge protector on that beautiful Leyden so it STAYS working well. ;-)

Cool. It really is an excellent stove, looks great, and puts out great heat. Mine has a few quirks but overall I'm very happy with it as my choice.

Thanks for the surge protector advice-I'll get one.
Thanks again for all the nice comments.

Hello Doug

Welcome

Nice stove and neat install!

Nice to have another Travis Industries member too. LOL

Good Luck and keep warm, it just dropped below 32 degrees F here. Brrrrrrrrrr

Yup it's getting chilly here also mid 40s day and mid 30's at night. Keeping the house around 72 degrees now. Next week it will be back up in the 50's and 60's. The day before Thanksgiving it was 70- ya never know in E. TN.

Great choice in stoves. Yes, that stove is a beast to move around (390lbs) and with another 300lbs of rock under it, I wouldn't jump around too much in that corner of the room. You may end up in the cellar.

I like your hearth idea... there's more than one way to skin a cat... nice looking stove, too.

I really like the looks of that stove. Wouldn't have minded getting something that looks a bit more like that for my house.

Lebond, looks great, but, and I'm sure you caught it, make sure you lock the ash pan drawer. It will not let the stove seal properly, and effect the preformance of the stove.

I love the stone that is on! Looks great. I wanted to do that too but my husband ( structural engineer) was too worried about the weight and did not want to beef up the beams underneath. I just made a homemade tile base, cheap and light. Just be careful with all the weight permanently in that corner. I was told that can be a strain depending on your foundation.

Offjack- thanks for bringing the ash handle to my attention. Hadn't really noticed it after burning 2 bags of pellets:)
I'm no civil engineer but I figure the load is spread out over 12 sqft. Which is about 60 lb/sqft. It is a couple feet from the wall and over the main house beam. I believe I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.