New to pellet stoves-Harman P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayD

Jan 29, 2014
Springvale! Maine
Found this forum a long time ago when I first started looking at pellet stoves.Settled on the Harman P-43 after reading many good reviews and the dealer only being 2 miles from my home. Installed in November and couldn't stop playing with the adjustments. A little too warm, not quite warm enough, stove temp, room temp, feed rate, etc. Finally settled on "room temp" set at 70 (thermostat reading 74) feed rate 3 with distribution fan set at medium. Clean it every Saturday and oil furnace has only run a few hours the entire winter and it's been very cold, even by Maine's standards. Have burned Logik-e, Geneva, Maximum, LG and Maine' Choice pellets. All except Maine's Choice burn great. They didn't burn as hot as the others. Very glad I found this forum. Lots of useful information and check in every day. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.