New Years Eve plans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mepellet said:
firefighterjake said:
Hung out at a friend's house . . . ate a bunch of food and drank a lot of Moxie (I was my other friend's Designated Driver.) Tried to freak out other friends/landlord to the friend I was at by posting pictures and video of me and my friend setting up and loading his mini tent camp woodstove in middle of the apartment . . . eventually we moved the woodstove outside and started a real fire in it . . . got home a little after midnight. Life is good.

MMMMM Moxie!

You guys are sick, I'd druther drink skunk wizzles

I quite liked the Moxie..... %-P

smoke show said:
Had to look it up, never even heard of it. :red:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxie
You are obviously a younger person if you don't know what Moxie is. Moxie tastes like root beer going in and then does an about face on you and turns bitter as hell. It's definitely not a kids drink and is an aquired taste for sure.

hossthehermit said:
mepellet said:
firefighterjake said:
Hung out at a friend's house . . . ate a bunch of food and drank a lot of Moxie (I was my other friend's Designated Driver.) Tried to freak out other friends/landlord to the friend I was at by posting pictures and video of me and my friend setting up and loading his mini tent camp woodstove in middle of the apartment . . . eventually we moved the woodstove outside and started a real fire in it . . . got home a little after midnight. Life is good.

MMMMM Moxie!

You guys are sick, I'd druther drink skunk wizzles

That's it . . . we're revoking your Mainiac card. ;)

Ejectr said:
smoke show said:

You are obviously a younger person if you don't know what Moxie is. Moxie tastes like root beer going in and then does an about face on you and turns bitter as hell. It's definitely not a kids drink and is an aquired taste for sure.

I hope I never get old.

I'm pretty sure its regional. Never seen it.

smoke show said:
Ejectr said:
smoke show said:

I hope I never get old.

I'm pretty sure its regional. Never seen it.

I think it's a northern New England drink . . . kind of like those bright red skinned natural casing hot dogs . . . I never see them anywhere else.

LOL! You're right on those red hot dogs! My in-laws lived in Springfield/Carrol, ME and when I visited, they'd always have them. They are strange looking.

Moxie is pretty prominent all over New England. I drink it occasionally and that is enough to remind me why I don't drink it regularly.

Moxie is great. Growing up we used to buy it in Maine while visiting relatives. Another soda that was hard to come by in southwestern CT, until recently, is mello yellow. For whatever reason they stopped selling it here for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.