Newbie here...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull8151

Dec 12, 2010
L.A....Lower Alabama
Hi yall.. I am new to site and thought I would say hello. I just install a slightly used Buck insert in open fireplace and gonna be looking for tips.
Thanks.

Welcome.

War Damn Eagle??? ;) :)

Welcome to the forum pitbull8151.

What type of tips are you looking for?

I think it is a regular Buck. I will get some pics up of it.

I am just wondering about the extra little lever on the side and what the other "hole" is that leaves the fire box.

Welcome, First tip. If you have the room and are processing it yourself, get 2-3 years ahead on your wood supply, if you are buying it, odds are even though they say its seasoned.....It isn't !

pitbull8151 said:
OH.... ROOOOOOLL TIDE!!!!!!! and GO DUCKS!! hahaha

HehHeh . . . you guys are pretty die hard college football fans down there. My friend obviously is an Auburn fan/alumni.

Here are some pics of my insert. Anyone have an idea what the damper on the bottom is used for.

Attachments

• insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.