Newbie with a Hearthstone Heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awk01

Nov 30, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Newbie here. Burning a Hearthstone Heritage. It's my main source of heat in a log cabin. Enjoying reading the many different posts. Learned a lot already.

AWK

Welcome Awk. Don't get addicted....

Pictures - we need pictures!

& welcome!

Shari

Welcome from another Hearthstone Owner... and pics man pics

Welcome, and congratulations!

Yes--pics man, pics! We need our stove p0rn! Personally, I think the Heritage in the seafoam blue is one of the purtiest stoves around.

Thanks everyone, I've tried to post a couple times but didn't work. Lets try this again. My wife and I use this stove as our main source of heat. We use electric baseboard as our back up. We don't heat the cabin when not there so we winterize everytime when we leave (every other weekend). We can winterize in less than a half hour. We burn from October to June. We are on our fourth season with the stove. Got it cleaned last June. Thats a story in it's self and I post that on another thread. Not comforting when the "professional" hands you SPARE parts when he was done. I will do it myself from here on out.

We are building the cabin ourselves, stick by stick. The cabin is 1100 sq ft. Made from 10 inch red pine logs in a butt and pass construction. The stove does VERY well. We often enjoy the fresh air coming from the wide open front door. This has a little do with the stove and a little from the wife's hot flashes. We burn beech, Oak, Cherry, and Ironwood. We like Aspen, but need to use a little more. Nice fire, not much ash. The Ironwood is the best, but thats tough on my saw. So far we are only going through about a cord and a half a year. I cut some and I buy some. Interested in trying the Ecobricks I saw last week. Hoping for a little longer burn time at night. I'm getting about 4-5 hours burn time now. At our age, one of us is up during the night for some reason anyway.

One nice addition I made was a rolling wood holder. I can load wood by my self now and there is a whole lot less mess. I''l try and add a pic of that to. Can't find a good pcik of the stove from recent. Only see a few from the day I had my FIRST fire.

AWK

rolling wood box
AWK

Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.