• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therocket

Dec 3, 2011
Wolcott, CT
Been running my new Harman P61A for 5 days now and I'm very impressed so far. Temps so far have been very mild so far in CT. I'm burning Barefoot pellets at $290 per ton and bought 3 tons. Any thoughts on putting a little humidity back into the air?? The P61A is very hot to the touch so I'm thing a cast iron kettle on the stove top.

Welcome from a fellow CT member,

If your impressed now, Wait until it really gets cold! ;-) We love pictures too! If you don't mind sharing. Plus you can show your stove off a bit!

Enjoy the warmth and your new toy!

If what you're after is genuinely a little humidity, a kettle on the stove should do the trick.

If what you're after is more than a little humidity, a humidifier is probably worth the investment, depending on how much area you're looking to heat/moisten.

I've been debating the same thing. Not sure how much it would really humidify though. So I grabbed an IR thermometer yesterday and took a couple readings at different stove temp settings on my P61A.

Stove temp setting 2 resulted in a 211 degree stovetop temp.
Stove temp setting 3 resulted in a 260 degree stovetop temp.

Amazing the difference in pellet prices based on geography. I purchased 3 tons of Somersets for $175/ton, a $115/ton difference.

Cincinnati Kid said:
Amazing the difference in pellet prices based on geography. I purchased 3 tons of Somersets for $175/ton, a $115/ton difference.

yes it is amazing, at 290 a ton it might be cheaper/easier to run the heat pump
I am in central Ohio, and the house is extremely efficient
and the coop electric is reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.