Nice Fiskars Display at TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I was pleasantly suprised to see a Fiskars display of axes and hatchets at the local Tractor Supply Store. That's new around here. I have the X27 and I would like to get the small hatchet next.

Reactions: quads
I was just there and saw the same display. It is right in the front of the store....well, my local store anyway. I have the X27, the bush knife, and the X7 hatchet. The hatchet is awesome for knocking off small twigs and smoothing out edges when stacking. Bonus..the back side works well for pounding wedges.

Its probably my fav. tool.

The X7 is a great little tool. Hatchet and Hammer in one. Makes kindling like its nobodies business.

The X15 (IIRC) is the next I want. I have the X27 also, BIL has the X25 and its nice, but no need with the 27.

Fiskars is a staple here at our house. All pruners, shears, shovels, and any other outdoor digging/cutting tool is a Fiskars product. Even the Scissors in the house :)

Fiskars display? Well, this is my collection in my workshop, but it's actually becoming dated after only ~5 years. There was no "X"-anything when I bought my axes. I love these tools, they're some of the finest I've owned. You can tell from the sheens which are my favorites...and deduce that yes, in fact, I'm a softwood burner. Rick

fiskars.jpg

My TSC is worthless. Just went there today. They didn't have poo for gloves to choose from (1/2 the rack was empty), the only fiskars thing there is the sharpener (which I feel is complete junk for an axe) certainly no display like you guys mention, and they don't have a single type of wood substitute (ecobrick, etc) in stock to play around with ;hm

pen

I came across the sharpener by the wood cutting stuff, then found the Fiskars display on the other side of the store, off the beaten path. One would think that if they wanted to sell a new product line, they would display it more prominently.

TSC isn't one of my favorite places, anyway, due some previous frustrating experiences. Like trying to buy a stove gasket in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.