no heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erniej9

Feb 7, 2014
Marlborough Massachusetts
I have a Dansons Pelpro 120 Home Heater. I used to get a lot of heat from it but not lately. I have a brisk, clean hot flame but hardly any heat. It's had a good cleaning but with no luck. The flame is exactly as it was when I got plenty of heat.. I'm using the same fuel. New combustion fan. High limit switch. New door gasket.

Last edited:
Assuming the stove is clean and in perfect operating order, something else must be different. Lower outdoor temps, roof cleared of snow, a moist batch of pellets perhaps.

When you replaced the combustion fan, was it with a stock unit with the same RPM'S and number of fan blades? I saw one retailer selling an 'upgraded combustion fan' for Pelpro's that had two extra blades. To me, I immediately said that it would blow more heat up the stack and leave less for the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.