Not complaining .... but .....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Of course it just has to snow and freeze on my two days off and be warm and sunny when I have to work. Every....damn.....week.

Around here after two days of rain it has to be Monday

Reactions: tbear853
Dealing with the same here. We went from abnormal shorts, T-shirt, and flip flop weather one day down into the 20's less than 24 hours later.

Nice looking Aussie in your avatar pic. We have two males. A blue merle and a red merle. The Blue is a small male 42-44 pounds and the red is a hoss. He is 70 pounds and very large. Slim and fit but a big, big Aussie. He is very tall also. About the upper end of size and weight for males. Luckily he is a mellow and laid back dog. The smaller one has more energy for sure. Toby the red can be fast and crazy too but only while outside running and playing. The smaller blue Dusty is also fairly mellow for the breed now at 15 months old. They are both the same age and Toby is one month older. Both have cracked blue eyes. Great dogs!! I did nick name Dusty Jihad for awhile because he went thru a holy terror stage in his puppy season. They are now growing out of it for the most part but still have their moments like right now playing inside. They just got yelled at by the wife. LOL!

That's Lucy, she was a rescue, a miniature (supposedly) Aussie blue merle, a very loyal and smart dog. Friendly unless she doesn't know you. Kids call her wiggle butt and she has high energy and needs lots of exercise. Good snuggle dog too.

Reactions: bags
One day it was 61, the next day it was thunderstorming, and the 3rd day it snowed.

Of course it just has to snow and freeze on my two days off and be warm and sunny when I have to work. Every....damn.....week.
extended.jpg

I know what you mean. It's warm right now, even though there are 50 mph winds right now and for most of the week. Got a lot of snow and ice left but we at least there's a noticeable dent in it right now. Last Saturday I woke up to -5F and looks like more of the same this coming weekend.

Down to 6 bags of pellets, will need a few more to make it through shoulder season. Started using the wood stove more when I am home as it saves pellets. I don't use the pellet stove when the wood stove is lit as I don't need to. Last mild spell I got out and used the leaf blower trick for the first time, worked great.

Reactions: bags