1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Ocean City, NJ

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Stax, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Stax

Stax Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    With the fam for a 4 day vacation in Ocean City, NJ. Dry town, so you have to bring the Corona in. Some pics.
    OC Welcome.jpg OC Toes.jpg OC Boards.jpg OC @ Night.jpg
    ScotO, DexterDay and quads like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

we're hitting the Outer Banks of North Carolina tomorrow.......pics to follow. Looks like fun there, Stax. We went there last July, spent the entire week down in Wildwood Crest and made a drive up to OC for an evening.
  3. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    if you see a pretty big, angry sort of guy with a lot of "bling" walkin around...its prolly my uncle Joe, don't say hi, he's a real joker...aside from that, its a pretty nice place. Enjoy!
  4. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I would have to bring a trailer.
    Eatonpcat and ScotO like this.
  5. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    You suck Scott....J/K damn I am jealous...pics pleaze.... flirty6-smiley.gif
    ScotO likes this.
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    A few of those people on the Boardwalk seem to be having trouble staying in their lane...where are the Troopers?
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Will do, Gamma.......'dis boy will be gettin' his 'dance' on. Kids are stoked, I'm thinking of all the Mike's lemonade I plan on consuming on the beach! Vacation time is here, bring it!

[​IMG]
    GAMMA RAY likes this.
  8. Stax

Stax Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    Great place Scotty. Stayed their twice a couple of years back (Nags Head, oceanfront). Beautiful place with absolutely no riff raff.
    ScotO likes this.
  9. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Until I get there....lol....
  10. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    We love Ocean City - not having booze is a plus. It's five minutes to Somers Point and you can party on there!

Real family atmosphere in OC.

Hey, eat at Uncle Bills Pancakes for us..........Mack and Manko pizza - and, hey, you gotta check out sacko subs.....
    http://www.sackosubs.com/

Of course, you've probably already feasted on Johnsons Popcorn and Curlys Fries!
  11. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    As a kid we spent a couple summers in Ocean City. They were fun! Then we moved down to Cape May and I liked that a lot too.
  12. Robert Bryant

Robert Bryant New Member

Loc:
    Nashville
    Never made it up to Ocean City yet. Hmm... gonna have to talk to wife into a road trip later this summer. What's it like up there in early to mid August?
  13. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Hot. Crowded. Nicer mid-week if you have the choice.
    We always liked to beat the crowds and save $$ - it's really nice after labor day, but most crowds are gone....

Also, you can save a little if you are willing to stay inland a bit - they are gonna hit you up big during peak times in OC.
    h2ochild likes this.
  14. h2ochild

h2ochild Member

Loc:
    Pinelands of NJ
    Another September visit perk is our beloved green head flies are also usually gone...They have just arrived this week in droves! The worse I have ever seen them this early.
  15. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Green flies are probably worse than water boarding.......

Everyone should experience them..........just so they are happy they don't have them where they live!

Basically, it's like this.....
    You are sitting on the beach on a perfect day. The weather, the wind, the company, the view...everything is in sync. All of a sudden one fly lands on you - within a second or two, you feel something like a pin being pushed into your skin. You swat, but miss. A nice red welt forms - while the fly buzzes a bit and then lands somewhere else on you! Basically, you rinse and repeat until either you decide to leave or you kill the fly. They are not too hard to kill - but within a minute or two, another one will sniff you out!

If you are on the water in a boat or near a marsh, you will have the honor of dozens of them in the boat with you.

The only thing which can save you is Avon Skin So Soft. But you have to put tons of it on every square inch of your skin.

Now you know why NJ does not advertise it's green flies.
    Screen Shot 2012-06-23 at 9.00.51 PM.png
  16. Stax

Stax Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    Craig, you're exactly right. We had Uncle Bills this morning before we left. Pork roll, egg & cheese on a Thomas' English muffin. Home fries with a side of Habberset Scrapple. Simply delicious. Didn't have Mack & Manko, but did feast a Piccinis (italian restaurant inland) and the famous Crab Trap. Both were great. We always hit up Crab Trap. As for Johnsons & Curlys, we passed them up this time. Instead we snacked on Steele's fudge and Polish water ice. Tasty! Our stay at the Port-O-Call was very nice too. 4 nights (Tues-Fri) was $1,100 for accommodations.