Oil is now primary heat...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The inventory at Cushing has doubled in three months. Crude prices are in contango. That is where back month futures are priced higher than the anticipated spot price when they will be delivered.

Last edited:
I understand. Have a tablet with Bloomberg running on it most of the time. HP Slate 21, no stinking little screen for these old eyes:)

Gotta have it at some point.....

Just wait until Cushing and the lease tanks and line fill are full by around the middle of April at the current production rate. This country is more ass deep in crude than it has been in 80 years.

Anybody want to rent out their swimming pool for crude storage? ;lol
I'd consider it, but my dog would hate you during the summer...

Reactions: BrotherBart
Just wait until Cushing and the lease tanks and line fill are full by around the middle of April at the current production rate. This country is more ass deep in crude than it has been in 80 years.

Anybody want to rent out their swimming pool for crude storage? ;lol

Not really, but just as long as they keep it out of the water table ::-) . We just switched to pellets for the cleaner burn vs. wood; it was a major factor. I'm going to add thermal banking for next year. :cool:

Thermal banking to me is a large pile of cow manure next to the barn........

Thermal banking to me is a large pile of cow manure next to the barn........

Given a sufficient supply of air through that large pile, temps would run 100 - 165 degrees ;) during the spring and fall. The thermal banking works in the greenhouse, it just has to be a closed system for a house.

Grandfather use to use heating manure from cows in a chicken coop to heat it.

Grandfather use to use heating manure from cows in a chicken coop to heat it.
Some folks create the same condition to heat "hot boxes" for growing in cold seasons. An insulated box with glass facing the sun, with manure buried under the planting bed. Too much risk for me. Now the Mongolians burn dung to heat their huts, how about dung pellet stoves? :p

I have tons of shitte if you want some......;lol;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.