Ok, don't push me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Ok, I really do have half a mind to rip my oil furnace, baseboards, and plumbing out, sell the copper for scrap and buy a couple on demand electric units. These oil prices are getting a little nuts.

$4.00/gallon for heating oil in NW Ontario...och...how much in NH?

Heating oil futures went up $.15 cents today, gas futures did not go up, oil $5.00 a barrel. With what I used to use, that increase in heating oil would be $200 for the year. Heat pump is being installed in 2 weeks, wood stove sometime this summer. NO more OIL.

Yeah, we're at over $3.30/gal for propane.

I'm looking forward to burning my stove next year as my primary heat source.

-SF

I got off that crap and started using wood at 72 cents a gallon back in 79'. Now it is 3.69 here. We use it for hot water, cheaper than elec.

With all that's happening, wood is going to go up next year too. Glad I can cut my own if I have to.

cmonSTART said:
Not sure, but somewhere between 3.30 and 3.40 per gallon. Way too much, especially considering our lack of meaningful insulation.

Sounds like a good spring project.

I put my stove in this season to save $$ on the heating bills. And, because of principle. I simply don't like getting screwed by the LP suppliers. Ok, and I like the house being +75 degrees :eek:)

I'm a work'n shmuck. Probably about right in the middle of "middle class". Not rich by any means, but the bills are always paid on time. My last LP delivery was $3.51 per gallon. Can I pay to fill the 300 gallon tank when it needs it ? Yes, I can. Does it hurt ? Yes, but I could do it.

I just don't understand how some people swing it. Older people on SS/fixed income. Young couples with kids. It's gotta be tough for some people to come up with the money heat their house.

Just paid 3.2999 for oil. Didn't get it sense early Aug. The guy wanted to credit card us until we said we were burning wood. He then said, "oh, you guys are lucky" and let us write a check. He told us he figured we were shopping around instead of staying with the same company. We can't get away from the oil for water. The burner has only gone on a few days in the am over the past winter, but we can't do much about the water. Now if the town would let us put in a larger/second tank I'd be alright for once a year, but thats a no go.
Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.