Okanagan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gf9696

Hearth Supporter
Nov 23, 2009
MA
hello, all....long time lurker, first time poster!

Okanagan pellets.........found a price of $219/ton in Monson, MA......thats central Massachusetts......too good to be true, or not? I see its quite abit lower than alot of the prices here....anyone know anything (outfit is Squier Lumber in Monson)?

Thanks,
George

I've heard of them before. Why don't you just call them and ask?

Oh, BTW, welcome to the forum.

GeorgeFoster said:
Thank you for the welcome, macman.
I did call them, its just that in looking at pricing, the price was less, by alot, than many others.....

http://squierlumber.com/pages/stock_status.cfm

http://woodpelletprice.com/index.ph...ts___pell_in_state=MA&limitstart30=0&Itemid=0

Thats what I found. Ive read posts on non-reputable pellet sellers, etc, didnt know if anyone else had experience with them.

Thanks,
george

Gotcha. So what did they say on the phone? Do they really have the okies in stock? If you live near them, why not "take one for the team" and drive there and ask in person. Hopefully, they won't do the "bait & switch" and tell you they don't have anymore.

If it's for real, I'd be jumping on that.....BIGTIME!!

I don't know them, but I gave them a call and the woman who answered was very nice and said yes that was the price ($219), and it had just been lowered. In fact she said if they were delivered that you would need to take the whole pallet, which would be $284.70.

I sure wish I wasn't 2 hours away, because that's the best deal I've seen in a long time. What say you BTU!!!

I have dealt with them before. Very nice people. Ive been by the storage yard and did see the Oakies sitting there. That is a great price. Cant beat it. :)

I hope some of my pellet-head friends get a good deal on these, but as always, I'll repeat my father's words...."if it seems too good to be true, then......"....you all know the rest.

I guess I'd be asking them how they got Okies so cheap in the first place, as they seem to be at least $30/ton cheaper than any other place I've seen so far, and I'd be looking over the pallets/bags REALLY closely. See if they will let you pick out which one(s) you want.

thats a helluva deal... less than a landed ton for us as a dealer... I'd jump on it.

If they said that's the price then they either have them or they don't. I'd drive by if I was close and, if I saw them there, I'd order up a few tons. Thats a good price on about any pellet right now.

summit said:
thats a helluva deal... less than a landed ton for us as a dealer... I'd jump on it.

Let me know if you have a sale like that, I'll bring my trailer!

ok....got the product....heres the poop from GuineaPig George....

They bought a pretty large supply of the pellets out of a reload, for a discount (several hundred tons). They have to truck them back from the reload themselves (so, other than fuel, the trucking cost is low), and they are moving it now....some at the store, some somewhere else they use as a staging area (there isnt much room at this store).....Why so cheap? End of the season, and the product they bought has some breakage. The breakage is ok, because the pallet I got had already been restacked (by them), and the breakage removed. So, yes, got my okies for $219/ton. They also said they would replace bags that were bad, if I found any.....

Got mine today from them and they were packaged fine. We unloaded them into the basement and they all seem ok. No broken bags.
They may have reloaded these also, because on the outside packaging it said OK in big black letters. $284.70 for 65 bags, great deal.

Guineapig George & Westcafe, make sure to keep us informed on how they burn, etc.

Glad that they were honest & upfront about where they came from. That would rate a big "plus" in my book.

I just talked to the nice lady over there and it seems they have a lot available. She also told me that they will hold them for 30 days and you can pick them up at your convenience.
I am hooking up the trailer and heading over there.

gottahavvitt said:
I just talked to the nice lady over there and it seems they have a lot available. She also told me that they will hold them for 30 days and you can pick them up at your convenience.

yes, the big black "OK" means its been restacked by them

GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt said:

I just called also - buying 6 1.3 ton skids ASAP!

$219.00 per 1.3 ton pallet x 6 (7.8 tons) = $1314.00
Delivery = $70

$1384.00 total for 7.8 tons delivered

$177.44 PER TON!

lol that price has been posted before ... thats where we have been going!!!! and i will be there tomorrow!

If I had the room, I would also be traveling for some of them. But still no way to stuff anymore in the basement. I hope there is some more deals come spring.

That is one of the best prices I have seen in NE for any pellet let alone a top performer. Sweat deal!

jtakeman said:
If I had the room, I would also be traveling for some of them. But still no way to stuff anymore in the basement........

Awww, c'mon Jay, there's ALWAYS room for more.....kitchen cabinets, clothes closets, inside the washer & dryer, in the dishwasher, under the dining room table, under the bed, etc, etc.....BE CREATIVE!!! ;-P

treehackers said:
GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt said:

Delivery = $70

$177.44 PER TON!
I think it's $219 per ton .1.3 tons would be $284.70 so for 7.8 ton it would be $1708.20 or $219 per ton.

macman said:
jtakeman said:
If I had the room, I would also be traveling for some of them. But still no way to stuff anymore in the basement........

Awww, c'mon Jay, there's ALWAYS room for more.....kitchen cabinets, clothes closets, inside the washer & dryer, in the dishwasher, under the dining room table, under the bed, etc, etc.....BE CREATIVE!!! ;-P

And that extra garage space you have? :lol:

mnkywrnch said:
treehackers said:
GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt said:

Delivery = $70

$177.44 PER TON!
I think it's $219 per ton .1.3 tons would be $284.70 so for 7.8 ton it would be $1708.20 or $219 per ton.

last time i was there it was 289 skid or 219 ton

iceman said:
mnkywrnch said:
treehackers said:
GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt said:

Delivery = $70

$177.44 PER TON!

last time i was there it was 289 skid or 219 ton

iceman,

How do you like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.