One of those days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapratt

Feeling the Heat
May 14, 2008
Northwestern, Oh
I look outside its cloudy and cool. I thought today will be a good day to move some wood around.
I get outside light a fire it the pit throw some junk wood on it. I start moving the wood I picked up
last week it starts raining. I go inside for a while then it stops. I go back outside and start moving wood
it starts raining again. I look outside now no rain.

rain doesnt bother me. I wouldnt have even come in.>The way I see it, time is in short supply, worth gettign wet now and again

We got .1" yesterday. It's all been going around us. 25 miles away got 2.6" 3 days ago. We got about 12 drops.

Why are you moving wood around? Let it sit until fall! Better for the yellow jackets to make nests in now. lol

Yesterday mid-90's. Today hotter. Yesterday afternoon, thunder was rumbling from the mountains to the west, and the sky above turned dark, and the wind came up, and I could smell the rain to the north of us, and I was really looking forward to a shower to cool things off...nothing, not a drop. Maybe this afternoon. Rick

no man said:
I look outside its cloud and cool. I thought today will be a good day to move some wood around.
I get outside light a fire it the pit throw some junk wood on it. I start moving the wood I picked up
last week it starts raining. I go inside for a while then it stops. I go back outside and start moving wood
it starts raining again. I look outside now no rain.

Have you considered moving to the drought areas and starting a rain making business? ;-)

Please don't come down here, at least for a while. I don't have to go outside to make it rain.

Ken

fossil said:
Yesterday mid-90's. Today hotter. Yesterday afternoon, thunder was rumbling from the mountains to the west, and the sky above turned dark, and the wind came up, and I could smell the rain to the north of us, and I was really looking forward to a shower to cool things off...nothing, not a drop. Maybe this afternoon. Rick

That storm passed east of us around sunset. I was working on the wood shed at the time and decided to quit for the evening as it started to sprinkle. It was a nice light show with sunset-lit clouds to the west and dark, grey-blue clouds with lightning streaking through them to the right. We sat on the porch and enjoyed the show through dinner.

Yesterday I unloaded my trailer [~1 cord] in a downpour. It stopped as soon as I was done - oh well. Sometimes it is worth getting some done while it rains and then taking a break to get some dry clothes and see if you can get back out there.

THe clouds finaly passed and most of the work is done. I don't mind getting wet but I also wanted a fire to smell while I was working. Also it would get rid of the junk wood I have.

I was do the same on Sunday, missed most the rain all day, while stacking! Then these big black clouds came rolling in, and the gf called and said she made me lunch, and then I heard this familiar " HUMMMMMMMM" :bug: yellow jacket nest in the center of a piece of cherry that I had my hands on to lift up to split, like my bare hands was holding this 40 pound red humming log! Yes I ran for my life swatted two off my bare shoulders, but no stings! That was a close one! Sprayed them later at night while they were sleeping! :snake:

Status
Not open for further replies.