Online Pellet Stove Purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn C

Sep 13, 2013
Central CT
Hi Everyone,
New to this forum. I am interested in purchasing a pellet stove - eco 65. I live in CT and saw that a Canadian Website - Myfireplaceproducts.com seems to have the best prices with shipping incl. to the USA. Anyone have any knowledge of this site. Buying online, especially from outside the country, makes me nervous.
Thanks for your time

The are listed on the Drolet home page as a seller I think you will do fine with this purchase. If you want the plenum kit I have one that I am not using we can work out a price.

Hi Everyone,
New to this forum. I am interested in purchasing a pellet stove - eco 65. I live in CT and saw that a Canadian Website - Myfireplaceproducts.com seems to have the best prices with shipping incl. to the USA. Anyone have any knowledge of this site. Buying online, especially from outside the country, makes me nervous.
Thanks for your time

Seems like a great deal on a very high BTU output stove! Plus, SBI stoves have a very good warranty

Reactions: DexterDay
What are you going to do when something goes wrong? It happens to every stove. I would not buy it that way.

Tom C.

Reactions: Lousyweather
What are you going to do when something goes wrong? It happens to every stove. I would not buy it that way.

Tom C.

Well, I can't speak for others, but I'm going to take the $1000 + dollars I've saved buying online and use it for parts and work on it myself, yes $1000 dollars. I called 2 local dealers, I call them local but they are still 70 miles away and that's the closest I found and they wanted $3699 for the same stove I can buy online for $2499. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to buy local but that's quite a markup.

Reactions: Lousyweather
Well, I can't speak for others, but I'm going to take the $1000 + dollars I've saved buying online and use it for parts and work on it myself, yes $1000 dollars. I called 2 local dealers, I call them local but they are still 70 miles away and that's the closest I found and they wanted $3699 for the same stove I can buy online for $2499. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to buy local but that's quite a markup.

Ya that is too much markup, winter is on the way shipping could be 3 weeks....you better make a decision soon, and figure out your chimney design as well. Many people are happy with the eco-65.

Ya that is too much markup, winter is on the way shipping could be 3 weeks....you better make a decision soon, and figure out your chimney design as well. Many people are happy with the eco-65.

Lol, you're putting my feet to the fire. I'm actually able to get through with my current setup unless it gets real cold, but yea I need to do something just in case.

Lol, you're putting my feet to the fire. I'm actually able to get through with my current setup unless it gets real cold, but yea I need to do something just in case.

Well I would not put it that way, but the unexpected can happen. For example I;m waiting 3 weeks for an adjustable stove connector, since the 4" one from selkirk was .020 undersized and would not work with the eco-65. Just plan ahead is all I am saying, don;t wait for the bite of winter to kick in...

Reactions: herdfan2003
The eco 65 is a beast and SBI makes a solid product that is super easy to work on.

Post pics when you end up getting it :)

What you talking about Costco wont deliver to the US?, they are a USA company??
Also remember this...... Costco has a LIFETIME return policy, on everything except electronic, TV's, computer's etc they stopped returns on those after 2007 unless your "grandfathered" In

What you talking about Costco wont deliver to the US?, they are a USA company??
Also remember this...... Costco has a LIFETIME return policy, on everything except electronic, TV's, computer's etc they stopped returns on those after 2007 unless your "grandfathered" In

http://www.drolet.ca/en/products/pellet/eco-65-pellet-stove. .I'm sorry I guess its Costco.ca.com I tried to order from. I don't think Costco in the US actually carries these or if they do I can't find them. I went directly to the Drolet site posted above and tried to click on the Costco.ca link in the bottom right hand corner and it wouldn't work so I went the round about way and googled Drolet Eco-65 at Costco.ca and got in. Then I tried to order and it wouldn't let me. Then I clicked on the myfireplace.com in the bottom of the Drolet page and tried to add to the cart from their site and it wouldn't let me. If someone else has better luck let me know. If all else fails I can order from Northern Tools, I just liked the fact that the plenum was included from Costco.ca

Did you look at the Enerzone Euromax? Pretty much the same stove and has the duct option. Better control panel IIRC. Check the locate dealer link and put your zipcode in. They might have a local dealer in your area. The Enerzone is the dealer stove where the Drolet is the box store brand. The Enerzone might be a little more $$$$ though.

http://enerzone-intl.com/product.aspx?CategoId=5&Id=549

Did you look at the Enerzone Euromax? Pretty much the same stove and has the duct option. Better control panel IIRC. Check the locate dealer link and put your zipcode in. They might have a local dealer in your area. The Enerzone is the dealer stove where the Drolet is the box store brand. The Enerzone might be a little more $$$$ though.

Thanks jtakeman, I did check into those but I have no dealers around here, North Canton, Ohio is the closest..168 miles...roadtrip:). I couldn't find a price or a dealer that would ship but I'm going to keep looking

Thanks jtakeman, I did check into those but I have no dealers around here, North Canton, Ohio is the closest..168 miles...roadtrip:). I couldn't find a price or a dealer that would ship but I'm going to keep looking

Northern tool isn't a bad option. They sometimes have shipping deals. I had my stove shipped to work(loading dock-be sure to get permission from the boss's) and saved on lift gate fees. Mouched the use of a fork lift and Hauled it home in my pick up. With the money I saved I bought a nice appliance dolly to safely deliver the stove to my basement. A neighbor helped us for some beer and pizza.

Last edited:

Enerzone uses a touch screen control panel that has many more options and adjustment. Although for the money, the Drolet can't be beat. But the Enerzone has a little better "look" and board.

Enerzone uses a touch screen control panel that has many more options and adjustment. Although for the money, the Drolet can't be beat. But the Enerzone has a little better "look" and board.

I bet you could swap out the Drolet board and Upgrade to the Enerzone with little effort. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DexterDay
This is great for folks who have the requisite level of expertise to work on their own unit, but the typical burner simply does not possess the know-how to work on their unit. Folks who read posts like this can often find themselves in dire straits......they see it here,, and figure anyone can do it......not necessarily the case. That thousand bucks savings can be eaten up pretty quickly with service calls to correct installation issues, etc. If folks do plan to go the mail order route, just be aware that there are also risks to doing so.

Northern tool isn't a bad option. They sometimes have shipping deals. I had my stove shipped to work(loading dock-be sure to get permission from the boss's) and saved on lift gate fees. Mouced the use of a fork lift and Hauled it home in my pick up. With the money I saved I bought a nice appliance dolly to safely deliver the stove to my basement. A neighbor helped us for some beer and pizza.
There you go...talking about beer again......is it 5 o'clock somewhere yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.