1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

opinions for boiler tw2000 boiler from kerr

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by 101x81, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101x81

101x81 New Member

Loc:
    quebec
    hi everybody

i like this forum, very helpfull and good to see so many peoples interrested in boilers.

did someone have the highlander tw 2000 boiler and what you think about it.
    i have one and not very happy, take lots of wood for the heat that produce.

thank in avance

wood eater

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dougcarlo

dougcarlo New Member

Loc:
    Interior Alaska
    I had one for two years and sold it and bought a Solo 40. Like you said it is a wood monster. I burned around ten cords both years, but I am in interior Alaska. I burned fire killed pine and it created a lot of creasote, so I cleaned the stack every month. Sold it to my brother-in-law and he loves it. Paid $3700 for it, not sure what they are going for now. DC
  3. paddock

paddock New Member

Loc:
    NL, Canada
    I just installed one this year. It's an add-on to my oil burner. I find it works great once I got the hang of it. I'm using about a cord of birch a month. Runs at around 160-180 degrees. My house is approx 1400 square feet, with 4 zones. I paid $2200 for it.
  4. 101x81

101x81 New Member

Loc:
    quebec
    thanks

i think about buying a solo 40 also, i have a 1200 sq feet house and a 1500 sq feet garage, all hydronic heated.
    burning sugar maple i still go trought 10 cords a year with the tw2000. half the wood go normally before chrismas.

thanks

wood eater, but tired to carry so much wood.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.